Five Days

*NOT EDITED*

Before the car even stopped, I saw the door fling open and my mom jump out of the car. There she goes again with dramatizing everything. The next thing I knew, was that she was engulfing me in a bone-crushing hug. But, today was the one day when I didn't complain about it. Even though it had only been 10 days since I have last seen her, it has probably been the worst ten days of my life, and I wanted my mommy. When we finally pulled apart, I saw that she was crying. "I'm okay mom. Please don't cry. I promise I am fine," I said trying to make her feel better. However, that only made her pull me into another hug, and cry even harder. If I thought I was angry at Axel before, now I was livid. If he wants to mess with me, then fine. But, his keeping me from going back to my old pack was hurting my mom and making her cry. And that is not okay with me. "Mom, seriously, please stop crying. I am fine, see. I am so sorry I worried you," I consoled her, patting her hair as I said that. At this point, I noticed that my dad and my sister were also standing right next to us. I hugged them too, and for a second everything felt normal in my life.

We went upstairs to my room, and I told them what happened when I first came here, and that I tried to leave. I kept seeing my dad trying to look at my neck, and I knew he was looking for the mate mark. He tried to be subtle with his glances, but it is not that hard to notice someone's gaze falling slightly then going back up to your eyes.

"We haven't mated yet, so he didn't mark me," I admitted to him, slightly confused that he didn't know that already. Why would he think that we mated after my heat, but not during?

"Aurora, you told me they mated," he addressed my mom, desperately trying to stay calm. But, we can all feel that he was getting much angrier and his eyes were shifting color. "Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that she hasn't had sex with that son of a bitch. But, I know that means that she had to go through a heat cycle that was excruciatingly painful to her. Is that why he finally let us come here? To make sure she's okay?" his voice was rising more with each word he was saying, and all of a sudden the feeling of everything being back at normal suddenly evaporated.

"Dad come on! What was mom supposed to tell you exactly? 'Hey hon, our daughter is suffering from her heat cycle, but we can't do anything about it.' She did what she thought was best for our family, upon my request. Alright? I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but I still have ties with my old pack, which means that your wolf still feels like I am only a little pup that he needs to protect. And, nothing good would have happened if you stormed your way here. Can we please drop it? I am fine now, and I am honestly relieved that I still haven't mated with him," I finalized. However, I knew that my dad was not happy with the situation, and he was getting extra agitated because he couldn't control any part of it.

"How was he even able to control his wolf? Wasn't your scent supposed to drive him crazy?" he asked. I debated telling him that my mate wasn't even here to support me through my heat cycle. He is already really angry, and I don't know if lying to him and him finding out later would be better or worse than telling him now.

"Calista? Don't even try to come up with anything. Tell me the truth now because I will find out anyway. And when I do, you won't be happy you lied." Okay, so dad was in full-on dad mode now. I guess I can sugar coat the truth a little bit.

"He was busy with some things and wasn't here, although he really tried his best to be here," I answered. Ok, so I didn't lie per se, I just bent the truth a little, which is completely acceptable if you ask me.

"So, why didn't he come here to help you get through the pain?"

"Dad! He was super busy, and I don't understand why you are still hung up on this. Can we talk about something other than my mate and I not having sex, please?" But, my dad wasn't buying it though, and he wasn't going to drop it. I have known him for nineteen years of my life, and I knew that he wanted me to spell out exactly what had happened. Which is super awkward, and embarrassing, and I just want to bury myself in a whole somewhere.

"Calista, I am not saying that I wanted the two of you to mate, damnit. I am just wondering why he wouldn't come and help you through the pain. He could have come when he knew that you were going to be in so much pain and held you or talked to you or something. We all know that he could have alleviated some of your pain by you just hearing his voice or having some sort of contact with him. I just—how long did it last?" he asked.

"A normal number of days," I said vaguely. If he knew that my cycle lasted two days more than normal, he was going to do something we were going to regret.

"Calista," my mom warned. She just wanted me to spit it out.

"Five days," I said looking down. I didn't want to see his expression because I knew that would hurt him. During my last couple of days, my mom cried over the phone because she felt so helpless. She told me that it is the worst thing to know that your child is in pain and you can't help them, and I think my dad is feeling the same way and probably even more because he was left out of the loop. I wanted to get up and hug him, but when I looked up, I saw my dad leaving the room like a mad man. Shit.

"Dad? Daddy, where are you going?"

"To teach that pup not to mess with my daughter," he answered. Okay two things dad, please don't call him a pup, that will make him shift just to prove a point, and please just go back inside the room. I can't deal with my dad and my mate battling it out. However, I didn't say this out loud because no matter what kind of reasoning I had to offer him, he wasn't going to listen.

"Do you even know where you are going?"

"Of course, Calista, I smelled his disgusting scent on you when I hugged you earlier. So, I am just following its trail. Go back to your room, and pack anything that you want to . You are coming home with us."

This is all a very bad idea, and I don't have a clue what to do. I just kept following my dad, trying to get him to change his mind. However, I have obviously failed, when my dad kicked Axel's office doors open and lunged at him.