Classified

*NOT EDITED*

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, but only when it is just the two of us," he added. I knew that he was trying to maintain a tough exterior, but he has already started to accept me as a mate, and that made me extremely happy.

"Okay, Axel," I addressed him, with a small smile on my face. "Do you have any Alpha work that you need to take care of?" I asked him, not knowing whether he was going to leave the room or stay.

"Yeah. But, I can work on it here. I was working on some paperwork when you were asleep anyway," he answered.

"Can I help?" I asked.

"It's really boring. You should just rest," he brushed me off.

"Come on, Axel, just sitting in bed is boring enough, and that way I have something to take my mind off my heat. Plus, you are in pain because of the silver you keep subjecting yourself to, and you are probably working slower than usual. If we work together, we can work at the same speed that you can on a normal day. I won't pester you, I promise," I pressed.

"How good are you with numbers?" he asked me.

"Axel, I am a straight A student. Math is my forte," I boast.

"Here, then," he said handing me a pile of heavy folders. "You can work on these. These are confidential files. If you breathe a word about this to any person, part of this pack or not, you will be charged with treason. Do I make myself clear?" he emphasized. However, I just rolled my eyes and nodded my head, opening the first folder, noticing that Axel's full name was on the top right-hand corner of the folder in cursive letters. Axel Chance Knight. Cute.

"What should I do?"

"Well, you need to look for this serial number in the rightmost column," he said handing me a small piece of paper with a number containing about 17 digits.

"Does the number have to match up exactly?" I asked. He just gave me a blank stare like I was the stupidest person on the planet. Granted it was a stupid question. But, the task seemed very tedious.

"Yes, Calista. The number has to match exactly."

"Why is it important that we find this number?" I thought I was going to be doing some math. This turned out to be just a boring number finding task.

"Because I said so. Are you going to work or keep asking questions?"

"I can talk and look for the number at the same time, Axel, obviously" I stated. "Are you working on the same thing?"

"I am not working on finding the number, but it is for the same project," he answered.

"What is the project?" I asked curious.

"It's classified."

"Fine." I conceded. I wasn't happy that he wasn't telling me what any of this was about. Baby steps, Calista. Baby steps, I reminded myself. It was a while since I had started working on finding the number, and even though the silence wasn't awkward, I wanted to use this time to get to know Axel a little. As I was looking at the sheet in my hands, from the corner of my eye, I saw him reach for another folder off the floor.

"When did you get all these folders here?" I asked, starting the stupidest conversation I could think of. Obviously when you were sleeping, idiot.

"I went to get them when you were sleeping. I didn't know what to do, and I couldn't fall asleep. So, I figured I could get some work done. When I came back you were sweating like crazy which is why I put the cold towel on your forehead. I was only gone for a minute, I didn't know that it would affect you like that even when you were asleep," he answered, but he stayed looking at his pile of papers.