Everything

*NOT EDITED*

"Okay, so we need to come up with a feasible plan to how we want to deal with everything going on, starting with the challenge," Mason says pulling me away from my thoughts. "We called our warrior leaders to join our meeting as well. They will be here pretty soon, and I think it is a good idea to establish everything with them."

"We don't need to involve more people," Axel counters.

"You haven't come up with a good idea since you met Calista. So, you aren't making this call. Sit your ass down and let someone whose blood alcohol content isn't through the roof do the deciding," Mason fires back. I was shocked to hear Mason talk like that to Axel. I mean Jace always says stupid shit to Axel, but it is never serious. Mason was dead serious, he was challenging his Alpha and looking him straight in the eyes as he said that.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Axel says right before jumping over his desk, grabbing Mason by the collar and shoving him. I could tell Jace and Tyler were on edge, not knowing when to interfere or whether they even should. But they both got up, trying to prepare to stop a fight. 

"I thought I was your best friend, but it turns out I was wrong," Mason keeps his ground, shoving Axel back, his eyes shifting in color, just like Axel's, both on the verge of losing control.

"My best friend would not have betrayed my trust. I have only ever asked you for one thing my whole life!"

"You asked me to do the one thing that makes me miserable. How do you even justify that in your head? I just found my mate, and a weird part of my brain convinced me that I should leave her in a whole different pack and be here solving your problems," Mason yelled. 

"Do you need a medal for performing your beta duties, Mase?" Axel sarcastically said.

"You're a dick." 

"Didn't I fucking kick you out of my pack? Why the hell are you back here?" Axel asked him, not defending himself in the slightest.

"Because I'm the Beta of the pack, and I have a responsibility. Unlike you, I don't throw my responsibilities away just because I am having a bad day."

"Well let me relieve you from those responsibilities. Mason Bryant, you are officially—" Axel started saying before I found myself interrupting. 

"Axel Knight, shut up. Don't do anything we all know you don't mean and will regret." 

"Calista, stay out of it." Axel says. 

"I will not. If you want me to be your mate, and be Luna, then I have a say in pack business. I have every right to contribute to the conversation regarding who the Beta is. I am not the same weak girl that will just stand there doing nothing." 

"Calista's right." Tyler started, "Axel, Mason is beta by blood, and we all know you only trust him to be your second hand. You thought your life was going to end when Calista wasn't here. How do you expect Mason to feel when you keep telling him that he has to choose between his mate and his Alpha?" 

Then, looking at Mason, Jace said, "And you Mason, do you mind not saying things that will rile him up? You could have had a conversation with him man-to-man about Victoria, but you chose to hide it and keep it a secret. You can't keep secrets from someone and expect them to trust you." Jace said while still holding Axel away from Mason so that they don't get into a fist fight. Jace has been surprising me lately, but I guess it makes sense, he is Gamma after all and maybe his idiocy previously was because he didn't need to show this side to him.

Axel turned around to look at me and his eyes softened a little bit. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to say anything else, but I stared deeply into his eyes, keeping my lips tightly shut, letting him know that I disapprove of his recent treatment of Mason.

"You know my conditions Axel, I am not living without Victoria. So, what do you say." Mason finalized.

"Calista made a good point earlier. She can decide this." 

"Okay, Calista?" Mason asks confused.

"Yeah, no, of course Vicky and you can't be separated, and you will both be the betas of the pack." I said. 

"If that's what you think is best, but one mistake, and she is out." Axel agrees. 

"Thank you." I think Mason wanted to give me a hug. I felt him reach out. But, I didn't think that hugging me would be the best option giving that Axel's eyes were glowing. As benign as a platonic hug is, an angry Alpha will undoubtedly become angrier. 

"Well, now I don't owe you anything anymore," Axel responds.

"What do you mean?"

"Without you, Calista would have been killed by a rogue, and I would have been forever without a mate. But, now I gave you the chance to be with yours, so my debt to you is settled."

"No it's not. I saved your mate's life. You finally let me meet mine. Those things are not equal in the slightest. And Calista was the one who made the final decision. So, you still have a million things to do before we're even," Mason counters with a small smile, resuming banter with his friend and returning a sense of normalcy to the atmosphere.

"Whatever," Axel smiles back slightly as well. A knock on the door interrupts the ensuing bromance between the two friends. He swings it open and tells 3 men and 2 women walk in. I'm guessing it's the warrior leaders.

"Well then, let's do this." Tyler says as he ushers everyone in and closes the office door. I look around me and see everyone with serious faces getting ready to figure this out. I then glance specifically at Axel and he extends his hand out in my direction. A small blush coats my cheeks before I rush over to wear he is standing and hold his hand and he directs me to his side of the table. As Tyler said just, let's do this.