Unwanted Thoughts

*NOT EDITED*

I kept following Mason glumly as I kept thinking of what could have happened between Axel and Jade.

"Mason, where are we going?" I wasn't feeling very up to seeing her face, and maybe if I tell him I am tired I can get out of it.

"We are going to the commons. The building is only a couple minutes from here. Actually, see that humongous building right over there," he indicated with his pointer finger, "That is where we are going."

"Why? All of a sudden, I feel really tired. Can we do this some other time?"

"No, it'll be fun. I told Jade to meet us there and bring some of her trusted friends who can help us plan the ball. And don't worry, the Gamma, Jace, is going to be there, so she will behave." Great! I am going to be surrounded by Jade and a bunch of her other friends for God knows how long. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. Although, thankfully Mason didn't see because I was trailing a couple steps behind him. I sped up to catch up to him, although, I tried not to make any eye contact.

"You alright, Calista? Your mood changed all of a sudden," he questioned me. Mason was really excited about the idea of the ball and having it be a success. So, I couldn't ruin this for him. Maybe I will ask him about Jade and Axel another day.

"Yeah, I am just not a people person. So, I don't know how I feel about meeting Jade's friends," I replied, masking what was really bothering me.

"Don't worry, Serena, Jace, and Daphne are great. You will be fine, don't worry."

"Who exactly are Serena and Daphne?" I asked him. Did something happen between them and Axel too? No, Calista, get those thoughts out of your head. You need to focus on the ball, and you can deal with Axel and his women later.

"Chillax, Cal! You'll meet them in a couple minutes."

We kept walking for a little while longer until we stopped at front steps of the massive building, where we waited Jade and her posse to show up. I wanted help planning it, but I don't know how I feel about having to share the reins with Jade. She just isn't a nice person, and I don't feel comfortable around her.

A couple minutes passed, and they showed up, Jade looking as gorgeous as the first time I met her. If she is my competition to Axel's heart, then I am royally screwed.

"What is your deal, Mason? Today was my day off," Jace, I am assuming, directed at Mason, annoyed, glancing at his phone indicating his lack of interest.

"Hello to you too! Anyway, guys this is Calista Jesson. She is, uh, new here," he said introducing me. I didn't know whether Serena and Daphne knew that I was their Alpha's mate, and maybe Mason wanted to keep it that way. Either way, I just smiled at them and waved, uttering a low nice to meet you. "And Cal, this is Jace, the gamma, Serena, and Daphne," he said, pointing at each of them.

"Nice to meet you," Serena and Daphne said in unison, glancing at each other and giggling completely in sync. However, Jace just nodded his head. I expected him to at least look at me, acknowledging my presence but his head remained directed at his phone. Ok, that is just rude!

"Ok now that we are all introduced, let's go inside and eat something. It is dinner time, and I am so starving!" Jade joined in. Now that she mentioned it, I was feeling pretty hungry as well. So, with a unilateral consensus we all walked in the building to order some food. While walking up the elegantly huge staircase, I heard Mason whispering to Jace, "For fuck's sake show her some respect, or at least acknowledge her presence."