The Lunar Trials Part 1

*NOT EDITED*

"Good morning," I said as I walked into the kitchen seeing Axel, Mason, and Jace having breakfast. Emily was also in the kitchen and was flipping another pancake.

Axel got up and planted a kiss in my forehead before lazily sitting back in his chair. He looked really good today.

I looked around expecting to see Victoria, but when I didn't, I addressed Mason, "So, where is Vic—,"

However, I was quickly interrupted when Mason deliberately dropped his plate on the floor, effectively shattering it. Okay that was weird. We both bent down to pick up the pieces.

"What's going on?" I whispered to him. But he just mouthed back that he will tell me later, and to make it seem that we are not conspiring anything below the table he said aloud, "So, how are you feeling about today?"

"I am honestly pretty nervous, but I feel like I am flowing with energy. Who thought getting a wolf would be so rejuvenating!"

"Everybody knows that getting a wolf makes your body stronger. And by the way, didn't you have like 16 hours of sleep? Of course you feel rejuvenated," Jace added his two cents, rolling his eyes. I wasn't really sure how to reply to that, and I didn't feel like having a spat with Jace, no matter how much I wanted to. So, I tried my best to not look at him or have any eye contact with him.

After cleaning up the mess Mason made and trying my best to convince Emily that Mason and I can take care of it, I sat down to have my breakfast.

"So, is there anything in particular that I am supposed to do today before the Trials?" I asked Axel.

"Well, just make sure that you are there at 5:00pm. Speaking of, I have to go and make sure that everything is according to plan today. Good luck today," Axel said to me as he got up from the table and set his plate at the sink.

"Yeah, I hope you break a leg," Jace said with a sickly-sweet smile on his face, making me almost one hundred percent sure that he meant that literally. Before I can say anything to retort, Axel grabbed the back of Jace's head and shoved it into his plate. Mason and I both laughed, while Jace whined, "Shit! I have syrup in my eye!"

"Too fucking bad," Axel yelled from the hall, causing me to release a giggle and Mason to shake his head while stuffing his face with food.

Jace got up to wash his eye at the sink but Emily shooed him, claiming that it because she was busy doing the dishes. But, Jace caught her winking at me, which angered his ego even further.

"You all suck!" he grunted as he left the kitchen in search of the bathroom. Well, it wasn't like he didn't deserve it. After a little bit, Emily excused herself and left the kitchen, leaving me and Mason at the table.

"So, do you want to tell me what is going on with you and Victoria?" I asked.

"There isn't anything going on between us. I mean, everything is great. But, Axel doesn't really know that she is here," he sheepishly said.

"Wait, what?" I was shocked. How was he able to keep the fact that he found his mate away from Axel?

"Well, he wasn't really open to the idea to begin with, and he is more stressed than usual because the Trials are happening. I was hoping that when everything calms down a little bit, I would introduce her to him," he explained.

"How does she feel about that?" I asked him.

"I think she suspects that I am avoiding her meeting Axel, but she hasn't said anything about it yet. You have to understand, there is nothing I want more than to have my mate and my best friend get along. But, his stubborn ass isn't helping the situation," he said.