The Masquerade Ball Part 1

*NOT EDITED*

As I was staring at her retreating figure, I kept thinking that I couldn't let her win this fight. There is no way she is going to keep walking all over me and wedging her big ass between me and Axel. We had enough problems of our own, and she didn't have to keep butting in.

"Jade!" I called out, catching up to her.

"Yes, Calista?" she responded, uninterested, turning to face me.

And with all my might, I raised my hand and I slapped her across her face, probably giving her whiplash in the process. A couple strands of her hair covered her face, but I could see the traces of tears well up in her eyes.

"Stop screwing with me, Jade. I am done being nice."

I was half-expecting her to lunge at me and hurt me back. However, to my surprise, she mumbled a quick sorry before she ran out of the house. I didn't know if I am supposed to be waiting for the other shoe to drop, as it doesn't seem like her to get slapped and not retaliate. But, at least for right now, she got what she deserved.

I was not in the mood to confront Axel about what had just transpired between the two of them. And, we were already in a fight. All we do is fight. It is so freaking exhausting.

"Nice hit," I heard Mason's voice ring behind me. I turned around to see him and saw that he was smirking at me. Oh, no wonder she didn't retaliate, Mason was watching. She would have gotten in a lot of trouble with her brother, the Beta, and the Alpha of the pack for hurting the potential Luna.

"Whatever, she got what she deserved," I voiced my thoughts.

"You could have handled this situation way differently. You know," he replied, following me upstairs towards my room.

"I don't regret slapping her. Like I said, she got what was coming to her. I am fed up with all her incessant bullshit. You better not be taking her side," I warned.

"No, no. See I was thinking something along the lines of poisoning her lunch, or putting snakes in her bed, or stuffing shaving cream and hair dye in her shampoo. But, sure, a slap works too," he nudged me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Was that sweet Mason talking? I glanced up at his face, and saw that he had the biggest smile, and he was almost going to burst into laughter. He was only messing with me.

"Ha. Ha. Mason. Very funny," I sarcastically retorted.

"I know I am absolutely hilarious. You are so lucky that we are friends," he winked.

"Yeah, whatever. Do you mind going outside? I need to change into my pajamas and sleep. I am tired, and I don't want to talk to anybody."

"Okay, are you sure you don't want to talk. You might feel better if you vent a little."

"Just get out of the room, Mason." I was being very impatient. But I just wanted to be alone.

After changing and sitting in bed for a little while, I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, I brought some movies if you want to watch them with me," Mason voiced through the door.

I got out of the bed and opened the door a smidge. "I don't want to watch anything, please go away."

"Come on, Cali. I am just tryna cheer you up. Trust me, and I mean this in the best way, you look like somebody vacuumed the life out of you," he informed me.

"Yeah, well, you don't have a right to cheer me up!"

"What?"

"You promised me that you won't tell Axel that I left Blood Venom Territory and tried to escape. But, here we are, and Axel is throwing that in my face. I am just so sick of everyone here. I want to go home."