27.The best part of me

Ian's pov

We were still laying on the beach, but I noticed Lucy feel asleep in my arms. I tried to wake her up but she was so tired that she didn't hear me. And maybe the alcohol had its effect too.
I stood up and picked her up in my arms. She instinctively put her head in the crook of my neck and that was a beautiful feeling. I carried her to the car and laid her on the back seats.
Since I didn't know where she lived, I drove to my hotel.

When I arrived I carried her to my room and laid her on my bed. I say on the couch and started to think. Fortunately she said tomorrow she didn't have work, so I didn't have to wake her up in the morning.
I stood up and decided to lay on the bed for a few minutes. I was face to face with Lucy. She was beautiful, I have missed her so much. I admired her for a while and then I gave her a kiss on her forehead. But I couldn't resist anymore so I approached to her and connected our lips softly, so that she couldn't wake up. I was dying to do this since the day I saw her again. Now I did it. And it was amazing, even if she didn't know that.

After a while I stood up and I laid down on the couch where I fell asleep, still smiling at the thought of that beautiful kiss.

-the next morning-

Lucy's pov

I woke up the next morning. I didn't know where I was, but it wasn't my room. I still was in yesterday clothes ands I had a light headache. After a while I heard someone opening the door. It was Ian.

"Hey you're awake" he said approaching me "how long have you been awake?"

"I just woke up. I have an headache"

"I imagined it. In fact, I bought some aspirin and also two croissant with coffee" He put everything on the table, sat on the bed with me and gave me an aspirin "here"

"Thank you so much"

"So... what are your plans for today?"

"Actually, I don't know. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course"

"What happened after our dinner?"

"Well, you said your head hurt because you drank three glasses of wine. We talked for a while, then you fell asleep and I took you here"

"Okay... thank you" I didn't know if I had to ask what I was thinking of not

"What bothers you?" He asked knowing I was thinking about something

"What did I say yesterday? What have we talked about?"

"You... you said you felt guilty and-and that you ruined my last year... because of what happened" he was looking down when he said this last part.

"Ian I-"

"You don't have to explain me if you don't want to. Just, don't say those things anymore, please. Because that's not true"

"Okay... but someday I'll have to explain, because I can't keep this anymore"

"If you want to it's okay. But take your time"

"I will"

He was smiling like a kid and looking deeply in my eyes.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked

"It's complicated... you know when you lose something and after a long time you find it again? It's a beautiful feeling. I lost a part of me some time ago, the best part of me, and now I found it again. Well, you are the best part of me. And I couldn't be happier to be here with you now."

I was speechless, after all that happened he still thought this about me. And the fact is that I did too. I do. And I didn't know if I could still keep my feeling in check.

"Luce" he took my hands on his and a shiver went down my spine "Can we try to be what we were a year ago? I can't be without you. I miss us so much. And I understood it last night."

"Ian... I missed you too but I don't know if we can go back to what we were." I pulled my hand back "I think I should probably go now"

"Luce, please, don't"

"I have to think Ian" I stood up, took my stuff and went to the door. But while I was opening the door he called me.

"Luce" I turned to see what he wanted "your lips are as soft as I remembered them"

I didn't know what to say, so I just exited and went home.