37.The day - part 2

A.N.
If you haven't read part 1, do it before reading this part!

-

Ian's pov

I told Lucy we were going to a very fancy restaurant and she said that I couldn't see her until she had changed. So I prepared first and then I waited for her. It was almost 6:45 pm and I was sitting on the couch thinking of what I had to do next when I heard someone approaching. I turned my head to see Lucy walking toward me. She looked amazing.
She had a beautiful but simple black dress on; it had a tight collar and showed her arms and shoulders. It arrived at her knees and was slightly tight. She had done her makeup perfectly and her hair was wavy. She had put on a pair of high black heels and, among the jewels she had put on, I noticed in particular her necklace. The necklace I gave her for her birthday a few years ago. I hadn't seen it for a long time, although I still remembered it and how special it was.

-Lucy's birthday, 2 years before-

"Good morning babe" I said kissing Lucy's forehead.

"Good morning" she said still half asleep.

"You know what day it is?"

"Yep" she said opening her eyes and looking at me with a slight smile.

"Happy birthday Luce" I approached and gave her a soft kiss on her lips. She kissed me back, placing her hand on my neck.

"Thank you"

"Do you want to open your gift?" I smirked

"Ian...you didn't have to, really"

"But I wanted to" I got up from the bed and opened the drawer where I put Lucy's gift. Then I say on her side of the bed and handed it to her. "Open it" she smiled and opened the little box.
There was a necklace. But it was special. It was a simple one because it had a circular pendant with a small stone in the center, but it had some letters engraved behind it, "L&IH".

"Ian, it's beautiful." She looked at me with a smile spread across her face. "What do these letters mean?" She asked a little confused when she turned the pendant.

"Those are our initials" I said proudly of myself

"Shouldn't have you put two H?" She joked

"I know, but it was intentional. Because one day I know there will be no need for two H, but only one." As I said this, she looked at me, then she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly.

"I love you, Ian. I love you so much"

"I love you too, Lucy"

I meant what I said to her about the letter and I knew that someday it would have become real. That was just a promise before of the day it would have happened.

End of flashback

At that memory, my heart melted. And I couldn't stop looking at her.

"Luce, you... you're gorgeous" she smiled shyly and approached me, taking my hand in hers.

"Thank you so much for today. It was really special."

"Well, the day isn't over yet..." I smirked.

"Then show me what you have in mind" she took her purse from the table and then we walked out intertwining our hands again. We got in my car and we headed to the restaurant.