35.LA

Lucy's pov

Today we were going to leave Miami. It was our last day here and then we would have gone back to LA. And I was so scared. Even after everything Ian told me.

We had already done everything we had to, and right now we were at the airport.  At some point, Ian took my hand and I looked at him. "Everything's gonna be alright. I promise" His smile reassured me and I smiled back. "C'mon we have to go now" he kissed my forehead and then we headed to the check-in.
-
We were on the plane and in a few minutes we were going to leave. I was really nervous and Ian noticed it.
"Luce, hey, it's going to be okay. You just have to think about something else. So, as soon as we take off we're going to do something. Do you want to watch a film?"

"Thank you, that would be great"
We started talking and then after a quarter hour we took off. We chose a film, put our headphones on and started watching it. I laid my head on Ian's chest and he took my hand in his, rubbing his thumb over it.
The last thing I remember is watching the film and then falling asleep in Ian's arms.

-

-A few hours later-

I felt a kiss on my cheek and then others trailed to my lips. I slowly opened my eyes and found Ian's smiling face in front of me.

"Hey babe" he said kissing me again.

"Hi" I rubbed my eyes and looked at him "how long have I slept?"

"I don't know, I feel asleep too. But they said we're going to land soon."

"Oh, great..." I looked down at my hands

"Luce I don't like seeing you like this. I know what are you feeling, but I also know that they don't hate you."

"How can you be sure of that?" I said now looking at him

"Because I know. Now we just have to focus on what we're going to do, together. We'll think about everything else later. Trust me." I hesitated for a while but then I answered.

"Mh...okay" I slightly smiled and he leaned in to kiss me

"I love you"

"I love you too"

After 15 minutes we landed and then we took a taxi to go home. During our way home I was constantly looking outside, I missed this place so much. 
After a while we arrived at Ian's place and took our stuff. But we didn't immediately enter. Ian took my hand in his and caressed it with his thumb.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him

"Are you okay?"

"I am, as long as you stand by me" I smiled and he did the same.

"You can be sure of that. Shall we go now?"

"Sure" we took everything and then we went to Ian's apartment. When we arrived in front of the door, I felt a lot of different feelings. Good memories came to my mind, but bad ones too. I remembered all the good times spent together and everything we did, but I also remembered what I did to him that night. And that I left everyone without greeting.
At some point Ian took my hand and took me back to reality.

"Hey, I'm here with you" he smiled and tightened his grip. Then he took his keys and unlocked the door. We entered and I looked around for a while. There was the sofa, a lot of good memories there. The kitchen, the same, as every other room in the house. But the entrance remembered me of that night. Without even realising it, I started to sob. Ian noticed it and wrapped his arm around me.

"Luce, hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry for that night, for everything I did to you and everyone else. I wish I could apologize to them, but I think they don't even want to see me..."