38.Endless love

Lucy's pov
6 months later

Today it was the day before our wedding. I was the happiest person alive. We had to start preparing our stuff in the afternoon but for now, in the morning we just wanted to relax and stay together.

We were in bed, it was 10 am. Ian had his arms wrapped around me and I had my hand on his.
"Why can't every day be like this?"

"I wish we could stay always in bed"

"And what would we do?" I asked chuckling

"I have some ideas" he rolled over me and I kept chuckling.
He started leaving kisses all over my neck and shoulder but then I took his face in my hands and crushed my lips on his. We made out for a while but then we parted and Ian stood over me looking directly into my eyes.

"You're beautiful" we smiled at each other but after a while, I got up and got out of the bed.
"Hey, where are you going?"

"To the bathroom. I'll be back soon don't worry" I went to the bathroom and I left after doing what I had to do. I washed my hands and teeth and then I came back to the bedroom.
"Can we go somewhere? I have to show you something."

"Now?"

"Yeah"

"Do you want me to cook something for breakfast?"

"No, it's fine. We could take something later"

"Ok, let's get ready and then we can go"

After half an hour we were closing the front door and going to the car. As we got in, Ian turned to me.
"So...where do we want to go?"

"To the park" I leaned against the car seat and started thinking as we left.

As we arrived at the park, I took Ian's hand and walked toward a bench. We sat down and Ian wrapped his arm around me.

"What did you want to show me? He asked looking at me

"Look down there" there was a playground filled with kids playing with their families.
"Sometimes I just come here and watch them playing. I see how happy they are and how their parents are too. And I've been thinking a lot how would it be to do that, to hold our baby in our arms."

"That would be amazing" he said with a lost look and a smile on his lips

"Yeah, I know. But I think we'll have to wait some months before we can do that."

"What-what do you mean?"

"In nine months we will hold our baby in our arms. I'm pregnant" we both had tears in our eyes and we were smiling widely.

"I-I'm going to be a dad?" He said with the widest smile I've ever seen and taking my hands in his.

"Yes, you are" he threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly. We were both crying tears of joy and we didn't want to let go of each other.

"We're going to have a baby. We're going to have a baby!"

"Yes. Our baby" we connected our lips and shared a beautiful kiss, then we parted resting our foreheads against each other.

"I can't believe tomorrow I'm going to marry the most amazing woman and I'm going to have a baby with her"

"Me neither" he cupped my face with his hands caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"I love you, Lucy. I love you so much."

"I love you too Ian. Always have, always will."

-

The next day

Today it was the day of our wedding, which would be one of the best days of our lives.
We were having the ceremony at the beach and fortunately, it was a beautiful morning. The setting was really simple: there was an arch under which we would celebrate the wedding and different rows of chairs in front of that for those present.
I was wearing a long white dress without straps, with a sweetheart neckline. It was really simple, but that's how I wanted it to be.
I didn't need a really expensive dress or a huge ceremony to celebrate something that I've always wanted: spend the rest of my life with Ian.
He helped me through rough moments and always showed me his love. He stood by my side every time I needed him or not. And he did a lot of amazing things for me, I'll never be able to thank him enough. 

At some point, my thoughts were interrupted by someone placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face Troian, my maid of honor.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" She said looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"No, you didn't. Please don't cry." I smiled at her and took her hand in mine.

"I'm not crying. It's just...you look beautiful."
I hugged her and she tightened the grip around me.

"Thank you. But please stop or I'll start crying too." We both chuckled and parted.

"It's time to go. You ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

Troian went ahead of me, I took a deep breath and finally exited the cabin we were in. We walked until we arrived at the place.
That was the moment.

And here I am. Walking through the aisle, toward my soon-to-be husband, the love of my life. He was wearing a black suit with a gray tie. He looked really good in that suit. He always looked good. He was smiling at me and I was doing the same, our gaze locked.
It felt like everything and everyone was in slow motion. Every important person of my life was there to support me in this huge step. They were all looking at me, some overjoyed, some with tears in their eyes and some others already crying.
As I arrived at the 'altar', Ian took my hands and kissed them, our eyes always locked with each others.
"You're...breathtaking."
"Thank you. You're not that bad too." We both chuckled and then the ceremony started.
After a while, it finally arrived the moment of the rings exchange.
L "I, Lucy, take thee, Ian, to have and to hold from these days forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness  and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." I slipped the ring in his finger and looked up at him smiling. He then did the same.

I "I, Ian, take thee, Lucy, to have and to hold from these days forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness  and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." He put the ring on my finger and took both my hands in his.

O "By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."
At this point, Ian and I approached slowly, connected our lips and shared a sweet but intense kiss. I got shivers down my spine, it felt almost like the first time. But now it was different. We eventually got our happy ending, despite all the difficulties and obstacles we had to overcome.
Even if we were apart or together, we would still love each other. Cause our love was, is and will always be, an endless love.

A.N.
I'm sad to write this, but this is the end of this endless story. I know it took me a long time to write it, especially this last chapter, but I felt like I couldn't and I didn't want to end it. But I just realized now, that I'm writing this last chapter one month before the day I published the first chapter...wow.
I haven't really read again this chapter cause I felt like it had to be delivered as it came to my mind in that moment. I'm sorry if it could be a little rushed or if it's not that good, but as I said, it was really difficult writing it.
This story has been an important part of my past year and I really hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.
This is not a goodbye because I have different ideas in my mind and I hope that in the future I'll write more stories, but I don't know if that time is close.
For now, I can only thank you endlessly for living with me this wonderful experience.
Love you all so much❤
~Laura