28.That night

Lucy's pov

It's been a week since Ian and I had that conversation. I haven't talked to him since then and everyday when he came to my dressing room I didn't open the door.  Anyway he kept coming. But I couldn't stop thinking.
"Your lips are as soft as I remembered them". This was the last think he said, it was haunting me. He kissed me. But when? Maybe in my sleep and I haven't noticed. But the thought of his lips on mine made me understand that it was the moment. I had to tell him the truth about that night. I couldn't keep on deceiving him. He still liked me. And I did too, but I had to do this for his own good.

I was in my dressing room, waiting for the moment he would have knocked at my door. After almost 15 minutes I heard someone approaching and I got up. I went to the door and waited. After a while he knocked. I hesitated but then I opened the door. He was standing there and when he saw me, his eyes lit up.

"H-hi" he was surprised "I didn't know if I would have seen you ever again. But I didn't give up on you"

"I saw. And I thank you for this. But I needed to think"

"I understand. I shouldn't have told you all that things together. If you need your time I'll wait."

"I-I think it's time for me to explain"

"Are you sure?"

"Ye-yeah I think I'm ready. Come in"

He entered and we sat on the couch. Then I started talking.

"You remember that period when you said there would have been the possibility that you would have moved for work?"

"Yeah, we argued..."

"Well, it all happened that night, when we had our worst argument..."

-Flashback-

I was waiting for Ian to come back home. I had to tell him something important.
After a while, the house door opened.

"Hey babe, great news!" I could say he was really happy

"Hey. I have to tell you som-"

"We are moving in a week! I got the job and talked with the real estate!"

"Ian I-I can't move with you"

"What?" His smile disappeared

"I got a job"

"Well that's a good think, isn't it?"

"It's-it's in Miami"

"You said you were looking something near me so we could move together!"

"Ian that's a really important chance for me. Don't you get it?"

"I know but you promised me! We could have started our family there! We planned this for almost 3 months now!"

"Ian it's done! I can't do anything! You can't do anything!"

"You know how long it will be? 6 months? Or even a year! How are we supposed to deal with this? What about us?"

"You know what? Forget about everything." I took my bag and approached the door. "Maybe we were meant to begin, but we weren't meant to last"

"Lucy? Wait, I'm sorry...Where are you going?"

"I don't know"

Said that, I exited and never talked to Ian again.

-End of flashback-

"Yeah...I remember that night. I'll never forgive myself for saying those things to you..."

"I haven't finished...it wasn't even the worst part" I could feel tears streaming down my face.

"Luce, hey, if you don't want to go on-"

"Ian, I have to" I wiped away my tears and kept going.
"After I left, I went to a pub, but I don't remember anything from that because I was really drunk. I was so angry at you and I vented with alcohol. After that I called Troian to pick me up and I stayed at her place for a while. A few days later I had an appointment with the gynecologist-"

"Why did you have an appointment?"

"Because I was late..."

"Lucy, what -"

"Ian, please, let me finish"

"Okay..." he was really worried now.

"I went to the hospital and I had the medical examination. After that I talked to the doctor and-" I started crying and sobbing.

"Luce, what did he said?" He was starting to cry too.

"He-he said that I lost the baby. Our baby"

He was shocked. I couln't look in his eyes, I buried my face in my hands.

"There was too much alcohol in my blood and it-it killed the fetus..."

There were a few minutes of silence. None of us was able to say anything. Ian stood up and started to walk through the room. At first I was afraid he would have left me, that he hated me. He was thinking, his hand in his hair. He was really shocked and I wanted to bury myself in that moment for having ruined his life. But then, after what seemed an eternity, he sat down next to me and found the strength to talk.

"Luce, please, look at me"

"No..."

"Please"

I raised my head and looked at him. We both had red puffy eyes.

"Lucy, I don't hate you for this. I could never hate you. It's also my fault. You don't have to blame it on you. If I hadn't overreacted that night none of this would have happened. And you know what? Maybe it wasn't the right moment either. We were too busy with work and other stuff in that period. But it doesn't mean that we can't try and figure out things between us now. Even if it's really hard, we have to move on. We could start again and try to raise a family like we wanted in the past, if you're willing. I love you Lucy. I fucking love you. I never stopped all this time, and I never will."

He placed an hand on my cheek and approached me, until our forehead touched, our gaze locked. I could feel his scent and his breath on my skin. In that moment I stopped thinking and my heart finally won.
I attacked his lips with all the passion in my body. Then I slowly moved to his lap, my knees at the sides of his body, and wrapped my arms around his neck, while he placed his hands on my back. We shared a beautiful and passionate kiss that both of us were dying to do.
After a while we parted, our foreheads still attached, looking in each other eyes.

"I love you too, Ian, I love you so much"

A.N.

Hey guys! What do you think of what happened that night? Do you agree with what Ian said? But most important... are you happy that they came back together? Please let me know what you think and vote if you liked this chapter!