Chapter 3: The Assassin, The Princess, and A "Failure"

(8 Years Later) (3rd Person Pov)

Walking through a book store, F/n scanned through a magazine, as a girl from town walked by him her eyes caught a glimpse of what he was looking at her face turning crimson as she quickly made her to the owner to make her own purchase. Flipping through each page a light chuckle could be heard coming from under the mask he wore, over the years the mask has turned from a pure white color to gray with scratch marks in various places. The young assassin now a teen has replaced his small black cloak with a longer cloak to match his size, the difference now was a strap he wore around his shoulders with a crossbow attached to it. F/n felt the gaze of the owner on him now that he was finished with his previous customer, letting out a sigh he closed the magazine, and grabbed a pile of books and a bouquet of sunflowers that sat by his feet.

F/n: Looking for a magazine with more risque pictures but well this should do for now, Sanji will enjoy this probably, FuFuhahaha!

As he approached the counter the owner backed up slightly the appearance of the stranger disturbed him and the fact that he began to laugh as he approached made him even more nervous, with each step F/n took towards the owner, he backed away, until the door of the store opened causing a slight breeze to enter the store. The owner attention turned to the entrance of his store as he did he noticed seven huge men walk in, each of them wearing a bandanna with a skull and crossbones,  of a snake coming out the eyes of the skull.

Owner:P-pirates!

Pirate A: That's right old man you should be scared, I'm Captain Ja-

Before the pirate captain could finish his sentence an arrow made it's way through his throat causing him to choke on his blood as he fell to the ground his eyes was transfixed on the cloak figure who was wielding a crossbow.

Pirate B: Captain! You! men surround that cloaked bastard!

F/n:.............

As the remaining six men surrounded him, he pulled an arrow out from under his cloak, the gaze of his mask casually looking around the room before turning to look at the men surrounding him.

F/n: Old man if I was you I would take cover behind that counter.

The owner snapped out of his trance having just witnessed the cloak figure kill the pirate captain, he ducked under the counter he stood behind.

F/n: Now, going by the skull and crossbones on your bandanna it's safe to assume i'm dealing with a group of pirates correct? Hmmm oh no need to answer once the Marines come they'll only see a pile of bodies wearing the mark of a pirate. So I won't worry about if you are pirates,or just idiots pretending to be pirates.

Pirate C: Bastard we're the famous serpent rover crew.

F/n: FuFuhahahahahaha can't be that famous never heard of ya 

One of the men rushed towards F/n, sword raised in the air as he brought it down the feeling of cold hard metal from the crossbow came crashing down on the top of his skull.

Pirate: Get em Men don't let that skull bastard leave this shop alive.

Before the rest had a chance to charge, F/n aimed his crossbow at the pirate who he assumed was now in charge, the pirate with a smug smirk ducked the moment the arrow released from the crossbow.

Pirate C: You Missed

F/n:............

As the pirate began to raise from his spot, he saw the cloaked man pointing towards a chain behind him, the chain began to unravel from being hit by the arrow, his eyes followed what the chain was connected to, on the ceiling was a priceless looking glass chandelier and below that was the group of pirates now under his command and the cloaked figure.