Chapter 39: Last Night

(Location: ??????) (Time-Skip: ???) (Pov ???)

   Purple lightning rained down heavily on an island located in the New World the black clouds above the sky blocking the sun from providing light to those currently living on or visiting the island. It was currently the home of a nation of pirates that rose in power in just a few years. Throughout the island the sound of fighting from swords clashing with each other and gunfire echoed all over.

?????: ............................

My body moved on it's on like I was watching through the eyes of another person with no control over what was happening, heavy breathing reaching "my" ears was it coming from me or the static image of the figure laying on the ground.

??: You should just give up now......

Slowly inch by inch "I" moved towards the body of the person that I had trouble recognizing picking the person up by the leg and slamming them repeatedly on the ground before hurling the figure into one of the Gothic style houses that the residents of the island lived in. From out of the building their fist went flying towards "my" face without any effort, grabbing their fist lifting them up and off the ground and swinging them with force it before throwing the person high into the air, one of the stray bolts of lightning hitting their body keeping them in the air as electricity ran throughout their body once it was finished sending them flying back down towards the ground, not allowing them a chance to recover my foot covered itself with black hardened haki kicking the person with force in the chest, the impact from hitting the ground and the force of the kick on their chest making them puke out blood.

??: Ever since I first met you, I always knew it would come to this, out of all the pirates I met you were the most heroic and idealistic....without even trying people saw you as a hero and flocked to you wanting to be your friend..........

I listened to the malice coming from "my" voice as it was directed at the person who struggled to get up, another kick sent crashing back to the ground.

??: It's funny you know I tried my hardest to be a hero unlike you.......but it just never worked out*Static* every time i saved someone they looked at me like a monster!

When the person name was spoken the sound around me turned into static keeping me from hearing who that person was, lightning continued to rain from the sky, as "I" looked behind me in the distance another figure two times the size of a giant with seven long flowing head and neck could be seen fighting several smaller shadows on the ground in front of it.

??: Please don't make me do this......just join me.....If possible I would rather not have to kill you and your crew......as much as I hate you and them.....i can't help remembering a distant memory whenever news of you and your crew pops up...it makes me smile....so please just give up.......

The figure stood up body shaking wiping the blood away from their mouth, sending a sharp gaze in "my" direction, looking around watching several that were fighting on both of our sides their bodies collapsing to the ground with foam coming out of their mouth as they lost consciousness.

?????: I won't ever join someone like you, someone who would willingly hurt those that care about them...... both *static* and *static* still trust you and wish to save you

Who did "I" hurt again the names turned into static once they reached my ears. The figure vanished sending a fist into my direction, each time it made contact going straight through my body leaving it unscratched.

??: I see.....are you doing this for them.......if so you are to late.......or are you doing it because as much as you deny it, you are the hero....and as much as I want to be a hero....i'm the monster.....so you need to get rid of me......