Bubblebaths and good mornings

Blake gave a soft moan, grizzling her face into her pillow, as she awoke many, many hours later.

It must have been at least 11am, as before the caramel-blonde woman had even opened her eyes she felt the late morning sun on her face, drifting in from the large window across the room.

And it was only then, before blinking her eyes open, did she realise just where she was...that thought alone warming her completely.

From here she could feel a body at her side, and a single hand throw haphazardly across her abdomen.

Negan.

It took Blake no time at all for her to turn her head and open her green eyes, gazing at the dark-haired Saviour, lying there beside her, fast asleep.

He looked so peaceful now...sleeping there, bare-chested and tanned, with his grey pants still on...looking like he had come in last night and completely crashed, passing out before properly getting undressed.

That was likely, of course, since Negan had been running on little to no sleep over the past couple of days, and even now still looked pretty exhausted.

His beard looked flecked with more grey in the morning light, and across his brow lingered the faintest frown, as though he was having a bad dream...but Blake was happy he had made it back last night....glad to feel his arms wrapped around her body, pulling her close in the early hours.

Blake just in her own white underwear, stared at him for a long moment, smiling to herself.

She knew how she felt about him...an overwhelming feeling coursing through her when he spoke to her...touched her...teased her...and even now, with him asleep at her side Blake knew that she had made the right decision....not just coming back here to the Sanctuary, but getting rid of David, and attempting to live her life like she wanted. She was stronger than she had ever believed she could be, and she knew that Negan saw that too. He had always seen that in her. This frightening, monstrous man...who had treated her like nothing less than a queen since the first day she had clapped eyes on him.

Blake gave a soft sigh, reaching her hand up...making to run her digits down his stubbly face....

...but she stopped just an inch away from his bearded cheek...not wanting to disturb him right now. He looked like he needed this sleep, oh so very much, and Blake was not about to deny him that.

And so, she ever-so-gently eased his arm off of her waist, and slipped silently out of the sheets and off of the bed...ruffling her long caramel hair and padding over to the bathroom.

She closed the door behind her before flipping on the light, not wanting to wake the man asleep in the next room, before moving over to the washbasin again and gazing about.

There was nothing here apart from a single bar of soap and so Blake, giving a frown, bent down and slid open a drawer underneath the basin.

Inside was just what she was looking for, a pack of brand new toothbrushes and a tube of minty toothpaste.

It wasn't long before, with teeth brushed, feeling slightly fresher, Blake, having grabbed a bottle of purple bubble bath, had headed over to the white bathtub sat in the centre of the large tiled room. Hurriedly running the water, she fussed with her hair and peeled off her white bra and panties, waiting until the bath was half-way full, with mounds upon mounds of soft white bubbles.

It was then that, with a gentle sigh to herself, Blake stepped into the water, making her gasp out at the contact and she lowered herself down.

Her entire body tingled, the hot water burning her skin slightly...but she knew that this would be good with helping get rid of her stiffness and her aches.