The King and Queen of the Saviours

"After you, Peaches" murmured Negan in a husky voice into her ear as he held open the door to the large and looming building.

Blake instantly wrinkled her nose, shooting Negan a smirk as she slid easily by him, stepping inside and gazing about at the large entrance hall.

The inside the house itself, set upon a slight mount in the centre of the Hilltop, the interior was grand and impressive. And although perhaps it was a little stuffy for Blake's taste, it was still beautiful all the same, with its winding staircase, oil paintings pinned to the panelled walls and high ceilings adorned with carvings and chandeliers.

"Wow, now this is a bit different from the Sanctuary..." she breathed, her green eyes flickering about the room.

But almost instantly, she felt Negan's tall, broad form reach her shoulder, his fingers entwining neatly with hers once more.

He gave a loud scoff.

"Pfft," he said waving his hand dismissively. "Shit like this is all well an' fuckin' good when you're tryin' to impress, Sweetheart. But heatin' a place like this must be a goddamn nightmare. An' hell, those doors ain't keeping out a horde of those dead-shits for very long."

That was indeed true. The fortified factory she and Negan lived in, was indeed far better protection in this world, than a place like this, but even so-

"I don't know..." said Blake in a goading voice, giving a hefty sigh. "I still kinda like it."

She glanced Negan's way.

"What do you think?" she purred, nudging him with her hip as they strolled forwards. "Vacation home?"

And at this Negan presented Blake with perhaps the widest grin she had ever seen, gazing at her in utter awe.

"Now that is an idea I can fuckin' get behind, Doll-face," the dark-haired Saviour growled back. "You, me, a queen size, and a hot tub out back. Phew, I can think of a million fuckin' reasons to love that."

Here they were, the two of them. An almost perfect match for one another. No one could deny that.

Both dressed in black, both tall and beautiful...and both with pasts that had shaped them into what they were today.

They had come out stronger from all the shit they had been through.

And as a pair, that strength was obvious to anyone. An utterly formidable duo.

Negan gave a lingering chuckle, digging his cheek with his tongue before he dragged his eyes finally away from hers, staring about.

The two of them automatically made a beeline for the set of double doors straight ahead, Negan giving them a shove open with the end of Lucille, just as they heard a hurried set of footsteps behind them.

Blake glanced around, as she and Negan made their way into a large ornately decorated office, and rolled her eyes.

For there was the bearded Gregory, striding across the entrance hall towards them.

"Wow," said Negan, his voice sounding slightly different now, with a sarcasm lingering there that could only be for the leader of the Hilltop. "Now you know what this room needs?"

And with that, Negan arched his back and pointed up at a blank space upon the wall dead-ahead.

"A goddamn nice paintin' of a guy ridin' a horse," he finished, pursing his lips.

And it took all of Blake's effort not to roll her eyes at this.

For she knew just what painting he was talking about. The painting now sitting in the Saviours rec room, that Simon had snatched from this very place long ago, Negan had told her that during her tour of the Sanctuary during her first week of being there.