Road Trip

Then next morning, Negan awoke to find the bed beside him empty of the two girls he normally shared with.

He let out a grizzled sort-of huff into his pillow before easing himself up onto elbows and staring around.

He had had a surprisingly good sleep and didn't remember being woken even once during the night, but he saw no sign of either Blake or Mia now, lifting his hand and running it down his sleepy face.

"Peaches?" he called out, wondering if maybe she was in the bathroom next-door, but there came no reply.

It was so like her to just disappear without telling him where she was going. She was a pain in his ass like that, but he still liked that about her. She was like a goddamn constant challenge to him. Keeping him on his toes, whether he liked it or not.

Giving a groan, Negan pushed himself from the bed and ambled into the bathroom, running his hand through his dark, mussed-up hair as he went.

He switched on the light and moved over to the washbasin, grabbing his toothbrush from the plastic tumblr beside Blake's, getting down to brushing his teeth, gazing at his reflection in the mirror above the sink as he did so.

Negan had truly never thought he would slot back in to this kind of life again.

After Lucille he had resumed his bachelor ways, fulfilling every fantasy he had with a near endless string of woman along the way. But that had soon become tiring and even the excitement of sleeping with a different woman every night had quickly become stale and boring.

For it was a life like this he had truly yearned for a long time.

Having a fucking family.

Something real.

And Blake had given him that.

Sure it had taken them a long long time to get here, but they had. And every moment of happiness she gave to him, made all the pain and sadness of everything else, worth it.

Negan finished up at the washbasin, stripping swiftly out of his boxers before heading over towards the large tiled shower at the far end of the large bathroom.

And within ten minutes he was out again, shrugging on his leather jacket over a white t-shirt and grey pants, and grasping up Lucille.

But Negan had barely made it across the room, heading towards the door, when it was swiftly shoved open.....and in walked Blake, eating an apple.

Negan grinned at the sight, immediately cocking an eyebrow up at her. "Early bird catches the fuckin' worm, huh?" he commented, as Blake gave him a smile in return.

She looked in a far better mood than yesterday, which of course might have had something to do with the tension-relieving fun they had had in that bathtub last night.

"I don't know about a worm," she smirked. "But I got us breakfast."

And with that, she tossed him a second apple, which the dark-haired man promptly caught, grinning as he did so.

"You seem pretty fuckin' chipper this mornin', Doll-face," he growled lifting his chin a little and gazing at her. "My fingers really do that good of a job last night?"

Blake offered him a smile at his words. "Oh most definitely," she purred, walking over towards him now, her free hand reaching up and toying with the zipper on his leather jacket.

Negan narrowed his chocolate eyes at her.

Yeah granted, his performance, as always, had been pretty fucking impressive, but Blake was certainly in a better mood than she had been in a while.