4.

Blair's first lesson the next day was Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. They would be learning to change living animals into detailed vases. So Blair brought her cat to the Great Hall at breakfast so that she wouldn't have to go back to her dormitory and risk being late. Others in her year had done the same, making the hall littered with owls, toads and cats. Lee had even brought his pet tarantula that had ventured into the plate of toast and bacon at the Gryffindor table.

"Control that thing, will you?!" Alicia Spinnet could be heard shrieking.

"He does what he wants!" Lee fought and stroked it's hairy back affectionately.

The black cat sat up on the Ravenclaw table calmly while Blair ate her toast and scrambled eggs. She took reserved pride in having such a well trained pet and momentarily wished people would admire his good behaviour. He would occasionally sniff at the plate of bacon but only took the pieces offered to him by his owner.

"You must have Transfiguration today huh?" George Weasley appeared as he sat down in the bench opposite Blair. The girl merely looked up at him and bit her lip to stop the insult rolling off her tongue. She had an inkling that the boy would pull the same trick he did yesterday and sit at her table for breakfast, and her suspicions were raised when she noticed his twin had entered the hall earlier without him.

"What's his name?" he questioned with a nod to the cat.

Blair remained silent and scooped some egg on to her fork to feed to her pet. He happily munched on the food and accepted the pat that George gave to his back. He stood up from his sitting position and arched his back towards George's hand, padding across the table to sit in front of the boy. George grinned and continued to groom the cat, unaware of the glare he was receiving from Blair.

"You don't have to be grumpy all the time you know?" George said when he noticed Blair's unfriendly look. "I'm just asking a question."

"Jasper," she hissed quietly and George's grin grew.

"Cute," he replied and scratched at Jasper's back.

"Why are you sitting here?" she asked under her breath, flickering her eyes around her to check if anyone was listening to their conversation.

"You looked lonely," he shrugged. "Plus, I wanted to start getting to know you better now that I know you do talk."

"I'm sure you're missed at your own table," Blair nodded her head towards the place over George's shoulder, making him turn and look at the Gryffindor table.

Fred was staring at him expectantly and mouthed something to him from across the hall. It was obvious that he was asking why he was sitting at a different table for the second time and George wasn't in the mood to explain himself again. He shot him a knowing look and turned back to face Blair, only to find her spot empty and her cat gone from in front of him.

"I'll see you in the double then!" George called out when he spotted Blair's scurrying figure leaving the hall. She cringed at his loud voice and hurriedly left towards Professor McGonagall's class, knowing that people had turned to look at her because of George's loud calling.

In the small space of ten minutes, Blair had spoken more than she had ever done at Hogwarts. The only times she had talked was during the practical exams in her fifth year, muttering spells in order to pass her classes. There were times where she would practice spells in her dormitory and attempt them in class, but she was so overlooked that no one would ever take any notice. Most of her teachers didn't mind that she didn't raise her hand in class because her grades were more or less flawless. But George had been able to get her speak after only a day of knowing him.