11.

"So you're loaded?"

"George!" Blair cried and felt a form of shame bubble up inside of her.

"Well are you?"

Blair sighed and clutched her Honeydukes bag closer to her chest. The Rosier family were in fact quite wealthy. And even though Blair's father was only a spy in the Ministry of Magic for You Know Who, he still had a stable income from the job. And when he died, his Gringotts bank key was left to her. She never knew her mother so she had the entire family's savings in her name. And how much could a sixteen year old really spend?

"Well this is Zonko's," George saw he wasn't getting anymore answers and left the subject, even though he was still curious. "Freddie and I's holy place."

Blair was grateful that George seemed to get the message that she didn't want to talk about her financial situation and followed him into the crowded shop. He changed into his usual goofy self and grabbed anything he saw on a shelf to explain it in full detail to Blair. For every product he picked up, he had a story to tell about him and Fred using it on some poor soul at Hogwarts. Blair could tell that George was in his element and continued to follow him around the shop, listening to his stories without interrupting.

"These are brilliant," George mentioned as he picked up the new edition of fireworks. "They scare little Ronnie-kins to death in the mornings."

"Blair!"

She physically cringed and slowly looked over her shoulder, seeing the three Beauxbatons that she had been able to avoid up until now. But there was no getting away now as they had clearly spotted her and were pushing their way through the crowd. They were dressed in their blue uniforms as they weren't allowed to wear anything different for security reasons and stood out like sore thumbs among the other kids in the shop.

"Oh boy..." she mumbled and George turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"We have not seen you in ages!" Marceau stated once they reached her. "We were beginning to zink you were avoiding us."

"Right..." Blair murmured and shuffled backwards in order to slip behind George.

"Are you not going to introduce me, Blair?" George spoke up with a gesture to the three boys, smiling widely at them with hidden intentions. She looked up to him and saw his smile holding a mischievous glint to it. She decided not to question it and to play along, if it meant getting rid of the three for the day.

"This is George..." she said plainly but the three boys didn't notice her disinterested tone.

"Ah one of ze Weasleys, no?" Gustave questioned and exchanged a side eye look with his two friends. "Didn't make it into ze tournament I see."

"Yeah neither did you three," George sassed back. "I'm sure Miss Delacour will represent your froggy school better-"

"What did you say?" Rubin snapped and the smirks that were once on their faces fell. "You dare insult our school?"

"Oh I dare," George shrugged. "I also dare to say that you should stop bothering Blair here."

"Bothering?" Marceau scoffed. "We are merely being friendly-"

"Whatever it is you lot are doing, you are not being friendly," he cut off and slipped his arm around Blair's shoulders, holding her against his side. "And I'd appreciate it if you'd leave my date and I alone."

With that, George turned on his heels and pulled Blair up to the counter to pay for the fireworks and dungbombs he had in his free hand. Blair let herself be pulled with her lips parted and could feel her mind buzzing at George's words. He had clearly referred to her as his date and she thought at first that she had heard wrong. But judging by the faces of the boys they had walked away from, he had definitely said what she had heard.