24.

The day of the third and final task had an atmosphere that could be compared to one on Christmas day. Students from Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang walked through the school halls while chatting avidly about the task that would be taking place that same night. The four champions seemed nervous yet positive for the outcome. Harry was the most keen to have the tournament over and done with, and wasn't interested in bringing the Triwizard cup to Hogwarts. He left that responsibility to Cedric, who was currently in the lead out of the champions. Viktor was continuously being pushed by his Headmaster to win the last task and redeem the school's 'humiliation' from being in third place in the competition. Fleur kept her pretty head held high but was starting to feel that there was no chance of Beauxbatons winning at this point.

While everyone else was buzzing at not only the last task but the summer holidays that were less than a week away, Blair was the complete opposite. The fantasy she had been sucked into during this year at school was slowly diminishing as the idea of leaving was drawing closer and closer. Before this year, Blair would clamp her teeth together and just deal with the abuse that was waiting for her outside of the castle's walls. But she had been exposed to the kindness and sudden friendship that George and the Gryffindor house had given her. She even had started to consider her dormitory mates as close and trusted friends. But her time of content and happiness was coming to an end and she wasn't ready for it.

Because of this, her mood and attitude degraded considerably in a matter of hours. She knew that she hadn't displayed a smile at all since the start of her lesson with Dumbledore yesterday, and she knew that her friends were starting to notice. Her sentences were short and her voice barely came out in a whisper. She wasn't usually the one to be the speaker in the group, but even now her quietness was being noticed by everyone.

"We're heading back to our common room for the afternoon. You coming, Blair?" Ginny asked as they all stood up from the table in the Great Hall.

"No thank you," Blair muttered but got up anyway, planning to head back to her own common room. She could barely look at Ginny's face and the girl started to worry about Blair's deep frown. The twinkle that used to be seen in her eyes that made them so lively against her pale complexion, was gone and replaced with her plain, dark irises.

"Are you alright?" Ginny questioned and Blair gulped.

"I'm fine. I'll see you guys tonight."

With that, Blair shuffled away from the Gryffindor table and made a b-line for the doors of the Great Hall. Ginny watched her leave and saw her turn the corner, disappearing from sight. George, who caught sight of her black hair passing him, saw her departure and noticed her unusually quick pace. He whipped around and caught the end of her robe flowing out of the hall.

"Where's Blair going?" George asked as he pointed his thumb towards where she went while turning to Ginny.

"I think something's wrong. She seems upset," Ginny shrugged and George raised his eyebrows in concern. He turned to Fred and muttered that he'll be in the common room later, before jogging down the aisle of tables after Blair.

He saw her hurrying around another corner once he had made it out of the hall and continued to follow her. The corridors weren't too populated, so George didn't have to worry about bumping into anyone while on his pursuit.

"Blair!" he called and the girl turned her head, cursing mentally at the expression of worry on George's face. She bit her lip and contemplated breaking into a sprint to avoid the confrontation. But she fought against her instinct and stood up straight, letting him stop in front of her with his hands on his hips.

"Ginny said you seemed upset," he mentioned, staring down at her frame. "What's wrong? Did something happen yesterday?"

"Don't worry about it George," she forced out with a sigh, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "I just... it's nothing."