83.

The next morning had a tense air about it. Not only did George wake up alone, dazed and confused at only hearing noise in one ear, but Blair felt empty and short of breath when she woke up. Hermione had left the room and was downstairs for breakfast, but Ginny was still in the room when she sluggishly sat up from the mattress on the floor. The ginger turned from looking in the mirror and eyed Blair strangely, noticing the cringe on Blair's face.

"You okay? You look awful," she mentioned and Blair sighed, unable to comprehend the odd feeling in her stomach.

"I feel awful. It must have been from yesterday after all of the drama..." Blair stood from the floor and looked through her trunk for a change clothes. It wasn't entirely untrue. Yesterday had been a lot, but the oddness inside of her was brewing from the late night confessions that had occurred before bed.

"What really happened yesterday?" Ginny asked, now forgetting about her hair that she had been trying to tie into a ponytail. "I heard Dad had to come and find you and Charlie in the middle of the field. And then there was Georgie turning up like that. I saw you take him upstairs all by yourself."

This made Blair begin to list the things that sat in her mind like a pile of quivering howlers. First, there was the life of her mother and father that she had never known about. She was intrigued by the news of her father being gifted at potions. The mentioning of the project he was working on before he died was placed strategically by the Death Eater she had spoken to. It was bound to be a ploy by You Know Who to make Blair join him and find what had been so great about her father's concoctions. But if her father had something that would have changed the course of the first wizarding war, then of course she was interested in it. It might put their side at an advantage. If she was able to find it, then there was no risk of You Know Who finding it first and using it himself.

Then there was the thought of her conversation with George. She had put the ring under her pillow and was itching to pull it out and admire its beauty. But with Ginny watching, Blair chose to hold off on that action for a little longer. He had unofficially proposed to her while he was high on the potion for his wound and was half asleep during his confession. It wouldn't be right to whip it out and start showing it to his chatty sister.

Along with that was the conversation between her and Molly after he had tired himself out entirely. Mrs Weasley told her of the time George had first said he'd be proposing to Blair. This led to Blair informed the Weasley about the slight hostility he had towards her when she mentioned it being too sudden to get married, and Molly rolled her eyes.

"Dear, you've been listening to me too much," she joked. "You both love each other, yes?"

"Yes."

"And you want to marry him at some point, correct?"

"Yes, but-"

"But nothing," Molly cut her off. "I know that I said that Bill was rushing into things with Phlem- I mean Fleur, but you two are much different. I've always known you two would be together for longer than just a small fling. You remind me so much of myself and Arthur when we were younger."

"We do?"

"Most definitely," she smiled widely, the candle light growing dimmer and causing her shadows to become darker and deeper. "Only I wasn't so... gothic? Is that the word I heard Fred use the other day? Anyway, from what I remember from George's letters, you did exactly as we did. Sneaking into each other's dorms and running the halls together after curfew. Oh how wonderful those days were!"

Blair smiled at the blissful look on the woman's face. The candle light showed little but enough to know that she was reminiscing in her memories at Hogwarts. George continued to snooze and Blair could feel her own exhaustion sink into her limbs and eyelids. It had to be past midnight at this point and Ginny was probably asleep in her bed, making it awkward for Blair to try and sneak in to get to her own temporary sleeping arrangement.