15.

At the end of the practice lesson, McGonagall said that one of their lessons a week was going to be replaced with a lesson for dancing. This had mixed reactions but the Professor didn't want to hear any complaining. She was set on having Hogwarts be an equal player among Durmstrang and Beauxbatons.

"You coming, Georgie?" Lee questioned as him and Fred started heading for their next class.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna wait for Blair," he answered and they shrugged, walking off and leaving the boy waiting in the corridor.

Blair stalled her time at leaving the Great Hall as she could see that George was waiting for her outside. Throughout the whole lesson, he didn't make one move away from Alicia. Blair had swapped partners three times and had even danced with Seamus Finnigan. Never would she have thought in her life that she would be dancing with Seamus Finnigan. She remembered overhearing him in her third year of the boy voicing his opinion of being at school with so many children of known Death Eaters. Since then, she had steered clear of the outgoing and who she thought was an arrogant boy.

But because of George's neglect, she had danced with Harry, Ron, Terry Boot and Seamus. And every time she went to change, she'd look up towards George in hopes of seeing him walking over to her and asking for a dance. But every time, he'd be laughing joyfully with Alicia Spinnet. To say she was hurt was an understatement.

Holding her head high, Blair walked out of the Great Hall and immediately started heading towards Professor Dumbledore's office. George assumed that she hadn't seen him and hurried after her, not yet noticing her blank expression and fury-filled eyes.

"What a lesson, huh?" George laughed. "Did you get the steps right? I still haven't."

"Yep, I've got 'em," she replied in a monotone voice and sped up her walking pace. George noticed her tone and how much Blair seemed like she was trying to get away from him.

"W-Where are you going? Moody's class is that way," he said as he stopped and pointed down the corridor to their right.

"I'm not going to Moody's," she answered.

"So you're ditching? I'll come," George stated and Blair resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"No, I'm not ditching. I don't have Moody as a teacher anymore," she called back and was ready to be done with the conversation. All she could picture was George's laughing face with Alicia dancing for an hour while she had to endure having her feet stepped on multiple times by Ron and Seamus.

"What do you mean you don't have Moody anymore?" George stopped walking completely and stared at the back of Blair's head as she continued. "What the hell's with you, Blair?"

This tugged at Blair's final string of patience and she stopped in her spot and reared around on her heels. She stared at George from across the empty corridor and hoped that the deep glare on her face was enough for him to get what she was hinting towards. But George being George and not having telepathic powers, he was now confused and concerned on why she had suddenly become so distant and unfriendly.

"Do you like me, George?"

His eyes widened and if he had still been walking, he'd have tripped over his own feet and hit the floor. But he could only stare back at her with his lips parted in attempts to say something back. But he stayed silent as she glared back at him, not knowing that she was yearning for him to say yes and understand why she was so upset with him.

"W-What?" was all he could say.

"Do you like me? At all? In any way possible?" she made sure to not stutter and stared straight into his eyes to show she meant business. "Or are you just here for a laugh?"