81.

The broom froze inches from hitting the thin grass that would feel solid if they were to continue. Blair held her breath as her spell held her and Charlie in the air, before they dropped with soft thuds. The broom was discarded as Charlie rolled on to his back and laid there silently, the spell that he had been hit with lingering and keeping him in a deep sleep. Blair groaned as she sat up and looked around, seeing nothing but long grass and the clouded night sky above. She didn't know if the rest of the Order were still flying or not, but she would need to get back to The Burrow as soon as possible. Whoever had attacked Charlie had meant for them to fall out of the sky and were bound to be looking for them. To make matters worse, Blair noticed her vision was blurry and her hair had grown back to its long length. The Polyjuice Potion had worn off and she looked like herself again.

"Charlie?" she called out and crawled across the grass, throwing the round glasses away. Blair took hold of his shoulders and shook him lightly, calling out his name and praying that he'd wake from the enchantment. His ginger head rolled on to his shoulder and Blair sighed, sussing that he must have been put under a powerful sleeping charm.

Looking up to the sky, Blair watched as the clouds parted for a familiar puff of black smoke that was heading for a place only metres from her. She gulped and stood up, keeping her wand tightly in her hand as she stepped in front of Charlie's sleeping figure. The smoke hit the field and sunk into the ground, leaving a figure dressed in black staring back at her in it's wake. She had been anxious before, but this was a new kind of anxiety and fear. The way the unknown Death Eater stared at her made her uneasy and even cause her wand to shake in her hand. The sleeves of the blue jacket that belonged to Harry hung over her fingers and she was glad they covered her goose-bumps that she could feel taking over her arms.

"Aren't I the lucky one!" he cheered. He was a bald man who had wide eyes that stared at Blair with a crazed glaze in his bright blue irises. "I took down a Rosier! Your father would be most upset to hear you had been bettered by someone like me!"

Blairbit her lip and noticed how much the man swayed in his step. As if the man wasdrunk or had injuries in his legs, he was unstable on his feet andgrinned widely at her through the dark. She kept her wand high and was thinkingof jinxes that would stun him long enough for her to grab Charlie and apparateto The Burrow. She hadn't had to face a Death Eater by herself before andCharlie didn't seem like he'd jump up to save the day any time soon. Until now,she had at least one of the twins with her or members of the Order. She was confident inher spell work, but she doubted her ability to keep her calm when duelling. Shedidn't recognise this Death Eater and had no idea what he was capable of.

"Well come on then! Aren't you going to get your wand out?" Blair tried to sound strong and successfully didn't stutter. But her tone sounded urgent and gave away her panic at being faced with the man she didn't recognise.

"Why should I? I don't need to fight you," the man laughed, still swaying and grinning. Blair was now confused and even more terrified. The Death Eater eyed her and looked amused at her unease, but didn't seem like he was going to duel her. He didn't look like he even had a wand on him.

"T-Thenwhy are you here?" 

The man giggled and looked up to the sky where the stars usually sat. Blair dared to follow his gaze and saw there was nothing of interest up there. She had concluded that he was barmy and didn't have any logic to the things he did. But she knew he was dangerous as he had blown her and Charlie out of the sky. Then Blair considered that this could all be an act. Maybe he was waiting for his friends to get here so they could kill her and Charlie together. Maybe this man was a sophisticated and talented dark wizard; but was an extremely convincing conman. 

"I'm here to fill you in about your father," he announced with his arms out wide. The volume of his voice made Blair jump and step back, knocking the heel of Harry's shoe against Charlie's leg. A faint groan was heard and Blair hoped that it meant that he was due to wake up from the enchantment soon.