14.

Albus Dumbledore had called Professor Moody to his office one evening. The man hobbled his way into the grand office and let his magic eye swivel around at all the magical objects that lined the countless shelves and tables.

"You wanted to see me, Albus?" Moody questioned and placed both of his hands on top of his walking stick.

"Yes, Alastor," Dumbledore said, standing up from his chair and walking around his table to stand in front of it. "I just wanted to inform you that one of your students shall not be attending your classes anymore due to personal reasons."

"And what student is this, then?" Alastor asked, interested in the sudden change.

"Miss Rosier, in sixth year," Albus answered. "I shall be taking over her Defence Against the Dark Arts classes personally. I trust you understand why she chose to change?"

Alastor froze momentarily and thought that Albus had somehow figured out his visage. He of course knew of the name Rosier but didn't have the slightest clue as to what Albus was hinting towards. And because of his silence, Albus looked at him through his spectacles with raised eyebrows and was now partially suspicious.

"Oh yes of course," Alastor quickly spoke and nodded his head. "Can't blame the poor girl, I suppose."

"Yes, well just be sure to know that she won't be attending your class anymore," Albus nodded back.

Alastor took this as his queue to leave and walked out the office, inwardly breathing a sigh of relief at being out of the tense room. He hoped that he had covered himself well enough for Albus to drop his odd behaviour. And Albus presumed that the man was that mad that he maybe had some memory loss, but something didn't quite seem right about his old friend Alastor Moody.

---

Snow had fallen and blanketed the school grounds. The Durmstrangs weren't affected by the drop in temperature but the Beaxbatons were suffering with their thin silk uniforms. They could be seen immediately shivering once they exited their carriage and walked all the way up to the castle while shaking like leaves. But they refused to accept any other clothing to keep them warm. Apparently, a seventh year had offered his Hogwarts robe to a Beauxbatons girl and she simply stuck her nose up and walked away while trying to not show her shivering.

Blair loved snow and took pride in looking bundled up and warm. She wore her Ravenclaw scarf and gloves while walking down to the Great Hall, marvelling at the countless Christmas trees that lined the walls. Hogwarts always did it's best to be festive for those who couldn't go home for Christmas and Blair appreciated it every year.

She walked into the Great Hall and headed instinctively towards the Gryffindor table. No one even looked her way anymore and she had been accepted as a mutual friend to the Gryffindor house. She spotted Fred and George sitting with Angelina and smiled lightly at the ones that turned and waved to her. She went to slip into the space next to Ginny but was stopped by the ginger putting her legs up on to the bench.

"Sorry, I'm saving this for a friend," Ginny said. "There's a spot up next to George though."

Blair narrowed her eyes down at her before moving up towards George and taking the space next to him instead. Ginny turned back to her breakfast with a pride-filled smile on her face and Blair knew what she was trying to do. Her and Fred had spent most of their time using every opportunity to get George and Blair next to each other. They thought that they were basically itching to snog at every opportunity but it was the lack of alone time that was stopping them. But that wasn't the case and the two Weasleys didn't seem to grasp that idea.

"Mum's sent some dress for Ron," George filled her in as soon as she sat down and pointed to where Ron was standing. She turned to see that he was indeed holding up a horridly old-fashioned robe that favoured the worst shades of brown and red.