87.

The local library of the village was small and quaint. No one was inside other than Blair, the twins and the librarian who'd shushed Fred for speaking too loudly three times already. The woman, who had a striking resemblance to Madam Pince, watched the three through the aisles and was waiting to get another opportunity to shush them rudely. They headed for the aisle of books that held Cheshire's recent history and picked up five editions that would hopefully hold newspaper articles about disappearances and missing peoples' reports.

"Do you have any idea when your mother died?" George whispered, flicking through the articles that stretched back to the early 1900s.

"It must have been just after I was born. Maybe 1979? 1980?" she suggested.

"Nothing in here," Fred announced as he shut the heavy book. The loud thud of it slamming shut made the table vibrate and the tight-lipped librarian appear around the corner.

"Shhh!"

Fred muttered some insults before shrinking into his crossed arms that sat up on the table. A pile was made of the books that weren't resourceful and soon, Blair and George had one last book in their hands. By this point, other readers had ventured into the library and had begun occupying tables to read research papers, novels and picture books (to which Fred had also picked up to pass the time). The two flicked to the pages that had instances from the late 1900s and started scanning for the word Yaxley.

"Do you think they would have listed your father as well?" George questioned.

"Probably not. I don't think he was at the house long enough for the neighbours to know he was actually my father," Blair mumbled before perking up. "Here she is!"

George and Fred looked up from their books and leaned over to look at the page she had opened up to. A newspaper clipping was glued to the page and had begun to yellow over time. The text and photograph wasn't moving magically, much to the twins' surprise, but it did display the words 'Missing: Jesse Yaxley hasn't been seen since the 28th of March, 1979.' A black and white photograph of a young woman sat beside the long paragraphs. From what they could see, her hair was light and her eyes were exactly like Blair's; dark and with near no separation from her pupils. 

"It says her house was found empty the day after they believe she disappeared," Blair read aloud. "Her child, to which will remain unnamed for privacy reasons, was emitted into an orphanage by an anonymous source. The details of what happened at the house on Treaton Street are still unknown."

"That's the house there!" George cried aloud, pointing to the photograph that they hadn't yet noticed. The librarian looked up from her desk and glared fiercely at the three, but went ignored. Another photograph sat at the bottom of the page and showed a seemingly normal looking family home.

"Treaton Street. We'll have to look for that on a map," Blair stated, smiling at their success. "They're bound to have one of the town in here somewhere."

"I'll go look for one."

Fred stood from the table and left into the aisles of books. Heading into the 'Geography' labelled section, he started to look for local maps that would show the village in its entirety. He pulled out a brown book and opened up to the page that had maps of all the villages in the northern parts of England. The title 'Cheshire' popped up on the page and the town of Barnton was displayed on the left side of the district. He quickly scouted for a Treaton Street and found it lining the side of the page, stretching about two centimetres before meeting different streets on either side.

Satisfied with his find, Fred went to shut the book and start taking it back to the table for Blair and George to see. But he stopped when he saw the slightest of movement through the shelves of the case to his right. To appear as natural as possible, he moved his gaze to the shadow that he could see peering through the shelf level to his tall shoulder. Someone was watching him and he didn't think it was a curious Muggle.