30.

Blair whipped around with a pivot of her heels and leaped into George's arms. He and Fred stood in the doorway of Ginny's temporary room and Blair didn't take the time to even look at their newly cut hair and bright green matching shirts. Her arms encircled around his shoulders and she stood on her toes in order to reach his tall height. The three weeks she had spent away from Hogwarts were spent thinking heavily of George and missing his kind and continuously joking nature. Blair of course wasn't known to be the embracing type, but finally having George within reach overwhelmed her despite their short time of being separated.

"Woah, this is new!" George laughed as he wrapped his arms around Blair's small middle and squeezed her against him, not expecting such a warm welcome. "Did you miss me that much?"

"Couldn't have been anymore than you have," Fred sassed from next to his brother, eyeing Blair who had buried her face into George's shoulder since her leap. "He was agonising. You better make this worthwhile, Rosier."

"You're still calling me by my last name?" she questioned as she eventually lowered herself from George's shoulder, struggling to keep her eyes from him.

"Fine, Blair," Fred said as if the name was disgusting to say, but added a teasing smile to show he was only playing. Blair rolled her eyes before turning back to focus on George and melted at the sight of his deep brown eyes glittering as they looked down at her. Her gaze slowly travelled up to his short hair and immediately preferred it over his long hair that she had initially met him with.

"I missed you," George admitted and Ginny and Fred could be heard scoffing in the background.

"I missed you too," Blair followed while smiling widely, her hands still on his tall shoulders and his still on her hips.

"Come on, it's been three weeks! How much could you possibly have missed each other?!" Fred stated with a dramatic throw of his arms. He had already been worn out with the constant mentions of the girl from his brother and was partially relieved that she was finally here. But at the same time, was he prepared to see all the 'smooching' and cuddles that the two were bound to do in front of him?

The floorboards in the hallway creaked making the Weasleys' and Blair turn to see Hermione. She was making her way out of one of the other doors with her cat Crookshanks in her arms, and looked up instinctively. She caught sight of the new comer in the house and lowered her feline to floor, letting him run off downstairs where he could smell another cat that he hadn't come across before. Hermione smiled lightly and walked over to greet Blair.

"Blair, how are you?" she asked and the girl replied with the same smile.

"I'm alright. Glad to be here."

Her and Hermione had never really met or talked privately. Blair had found that she got on better with Ginny rather than Granger and never attempted to try and form a friendship with her. But it wasn't all Blair's negligence, as Hermione was always too caught up with her studies and her two friends Ron and Harry. There was always just a mutual acknowledgment between the two because of their mutual friends and often saw each other when sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.

"Well that was sufficiently awkward," Ginny commented and Blair felt an embarrassed warmth spread to her cheeks. Fred sniggered and George took it as his queue to be Blair's knight in shining armour, seeing the discomfort in both Hermione and Blair.

"Come with me," he leaned down and said into her ear so that only she could hear. George slipped his large hand into hers and started to lead her down the hall, away from the three who let them leave without any objections.

George pushed open a door on their left and revealed a messy bedroom that had two double beds as well as a wardrobe inside. Blair guessed that it was his and Fred's room as there were clothes all over the floor and the duvets on the beds were sagging messily. There were also boxes of things that she had never seen before in their masses, with names on the side like 'Puking Pastilles' and 'Nosebleed Nougat'.