79.

The Daily Prophet printed the news everywhere. There were flyers overlapping the wanted posters of Death Eaters and the pamphlets of how to protect yourself during these dark times littered the floors of Diagon Alley. The fear of running into one of these dark witches and wizards had scared off the last few customers for good. The shops that were once getting by were now boarded up from not only the lack of interest, but because of the owners' fear of being killed on sight.

It was sad to see Weasley Wizard Wheezes empty and dark. Even the bright orange exterior looked mouldy with black undertones that burst through the once vibrant and joyful colour. But it would be wrong to have the shop looking any different. After all, the only person left in the Wizarding world that matched You Know Who had been killed and thrown over the edge of the Astronomy tower at Hogwarts.

Professor Dumbledore had unknowingly been the last piece of hope people had in avoiding another Wizarding war. He had beat Gellert Grindlewald and had suppressed the Dark Lord once before in the Ministry of Magic last year. But with him now gone and set to be buried in the coming months, everyone felt vulnerable and exposed. Hogwarts had been taken over by Death Eaters and students were sent home earlier than usual; their headmaster laying in the middle of the courtyard with his blue eyes staring at the clouded sky one of the main reasons for this. It would only be a matter of time before the Ministry of Magic would be taken by You Know Who, and then it would really be over for all that is good in the Wizarding world.

The only thing left to do now was to stay together. For the Order of the Phoenix, that was vital in order to keep those who were being targeted safe. Harry had seen the betrayal of Severus Snape and had watched Professor Dumbledore die. The Order were amazed that he had been able to get away, but the boy wasn't showing any signs of being relieved or thankful for that fact. Dumbledore had been a strong fatherly figure for him ever since he was introduced to Hogwarts. His reactions of anger and silent, crippling grief were unfortunately normal. But with Dumbledore now gone, he was more exposed than he had ever been.

After packing away the last products and storing them in the backroom, Blair raised her wand to lock the door behind her to keep the remnants of Weasley Wizard Wheezes safe while they're away. Even she felt oddly exposed after Dumbledore's death. She had a somewhat close teacher-student friendship in her sixth year with the Professor when he took over the position as her personal Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, and he had also been the one to take her out of Wool's Orphanage and destroy any sense of her existing in the Muggle world. But after that, his presence had been near nonexistent in her life. But this wasn't entirely his doing, as she had been occupied through her last year at Hogwarts with Umbridge being in her face nearly 24/7. She knew that he had been extremely busy during that same year with trying to convince the Ministry that You Know Who was really back. It was strange to think of that time with how things were currently. It was as if the world had done a 180 degree flip. You Know Who was known widely for being back and was feared like he was over sixteen years ago, Dumbledore was no more and everyone clutched to the things they wanted to keep safe in these dark times. To think that Blair's priorities two years ago were her Potions tests and getting to classes on time without George being exceptionally annoying was baffling.

Two pairs of footsteps were heard over the staircase that led down from the flat, making Blair look up to see three trunks floating in the air with the initials F.W, G.W and B.R on them. Levitating the trunks were the twins who had glum looks on their faces from seeing their pride and joy so empty and cold. The shelves and displays had been sealed in the backroom by Blair along with the cash register, leaving only the counter that was lonesome in the room. The decor had been taken down completely with sheets hanging over the windows, keeping once desired onlookers out from looking in.