96.

The Order had been stationed around the entrances and in the interior of Hogwarts. It was cold and the sky was a ceiling of grey; the Dark Mark plastered within the storm clouds above the castle. Snape and the Carrow siblings had been exiled from the Great Hall thanks to Professor McGonagall's duelling skills and it had been momentarily regained by the Professors and the Order. But You Know Who was waiting over the hills with his army and waiting patiently for the Order and the whole of Hogwarts to defend themselves.

"The first and second years are on the Express," Hermione stated as she came over to the Order. "It'll leave in a few minutes."

"Thank you, Miss Granger," Professor McGonagall patted her shoulder before turning to the bridge that led from the Entrance Hall to the greenery. Neville, Seamus and Dean stood next to the woman as she cried a spell they were unfamiliar with and watched as the stone figures they thought were only decoration for the castle come to life.

George stood looking up at the barrier that was beginning to form over the castle. Remus and Arthur stood nearby with the same looks of awe as the electric blue field solidified over the grounds. But everyone knew it was a futile attempt against an army of dark witches, wizards, giants, Acromantula, Inferi and You Know Who himself. But it wouldn't hurt to delay their storm of the castle. The youngest students had to be sent away from harm as they weren't permitted the choice to fight in the battle that was going to be messy. It wasn't going to be a small confrontation and everything would be over. It would be a night of fighting and most likely mass death.

But George's mind couldn't process the night ahead. He was too busy worrying about where in the world Fred and Blair were. It had been a total of three hours since the Patronus had been sent out to the Order, telling them to meet at Hogwarts where Harry had turned up and was looking for another Horcrux. You Know Who seemed to be set on destroying Harry along with anyone who stood in his way, yet George couldn't concentrate. They should have been here by now. If not here, then have sent a Patronus to let him know they were okay. It had been five months since he had seen them; since anyone had seen them. 

"What are you doing here?" Remus's voice made him turn in hopes that maybe they had turned up afterall. But he deflated when he saw Tonks jump into Remus's arms and kiss him on the lips.

"I came to help," she said with a smile.

"What about Teddy? He needs you," he replied with worry and a sense of relief in his eyes from seeing his wife.

"I'm needed more here," Tonks caressed his scarred face. "He'll sleep until dawn just like his father."

George's heart ached at their love-filled words and turned back to the dark hills that disappeared into the night. He thought of Blair and what she looked like on Christmas Eve. Her long, black hair had been so thick and her eyes so bright. They may have been troubled with the idea of leaving The Burrow and having to say goodbye for a unknown amount of time, but they were still the ones he had fallen in love with during their Hogwarts days. If something happened tonight, it would be the last thing he remembered of her more than anything. But he wanted to see her at least once before the unknown happened. Tonight will be unpredictable and if he were to have his last conscious thought, he would want it to be of Blair.

The sound of impacts to the field around the castle made him jump and realise that cracks were beginning to form in the blue shield. Countless sparks were flying from the darkness that the lit torches from the bridge didn't reach and gave the effect that harmless fireflies were soaring through the night. But the crumbling pieces that flaked on to George's knuckles that clutched the cement wall destroyed any sense of nature and natural beauty. 

"George," Arthur called and he turned his head, seeing his father staring at him. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," he gulped and tried to keep his voice tone as the explosions of blue reflected off his father's face. "I'm alright."