21.

The second task began with Harry, Cedric, Viktor and Fleur leaping into the freezing water of the Black Lake. They apparently had to retrieve something that had been taken from them over night. An hour was set on the large clock that was hovering next to the stand that was occupied by Professor Dumbledore, Ludo Bagman and Barty Crouch. If the champions didn't retrieve the 'stolen' treasures within the hour, they would be stuck at the bottom of the lake forever.

"We have to stand here for an hour?" Fred groaned when the champions disappeared and the three stands in the water started to chat among themselves. "This is well boring."

"It's not always going to be action and dragons, Fred," Ginny sassed and Fred pushed her head gently to tell her to stop talking. She yelped and started to swat at her older brother, initiating the two into a harmless pushing fight.

George stood quietly behind Blair as she gazed over the rough waves that rippled the lake. She had caught a glimpse of the first year Hufflepuff that George jinxed into the water as he walk past them a few moments ago. He had a blanket around his shoulders and was shivering as his friends gathered around him for support. Professor Sprout, their head of house, started to fuss over him and ask who would do such a thing. The boy glanced over his shoulder and met eyes with Blair and George, shrinking back when the Weasley glared back to dare him to say anything.

"W-We were being stupid," the boy stuttered as he turned his head away from George's daring gaze. "I-It was my fault."

"Damn right it was," George mumbled while turning back to the front, only to see Blair looking over shoulder at him with a glare. "What?"

"It was very mean of you," she started and he resisted the urge to roll his eyes dramatically. "What if the Giant Squid decided to-"

"Shhhhhh," George shushed as he wrapped his arms around her entire head and muffled her voice with the sleeve of his coat. "You talk too much."

"Gmph emph of mmph!" she tried to cry but he only squeezed her against his front, silencing her pleas for help. Blair flared her arms around in hopes of finding someone to hold on to in order to pull herself away from George, but only found the metal bar that was part of the barrier.

George's smuggling soon came to an end when his arm came in contact with the large gem that was sitting against Blair's collarbones. He pulled his arms away from her face, making her sigh out of relief, and feel for the chain that he knew was somewhere around her neck. He pulled the purple rock out from under her coat and raised his eyebrows at the sight of it.

"You're still wearing it?" he questioned and leaned over her shoulder to look at her directly.

"Yeah? Am I... not supposed to be?" she said back.

"No, you can wear it all the time if you want. It's just..." George didn't finish while looking down at her adoringly. He thought that Blair would wear the necklace once for the ball but then stow it away somewhere as just another piece of jewellery. But if he had been paying closer attention, he would have seen that Blair has been wearing it every single day since the ball.

To be truthful, Blair found it beautiful against her skin and usual aesthetic. Her constant black attire needed a little bit of colour and the amethysts' lilac shimmer was enough to bring her look together no matter what the outfit. It even went with her school uniform which was only centred on black and royal blue. But it wasn't just how the gem looked; it was its significance that Blair loved as well.

She had never been the one to receive gifts. Christmas and birthdays were never filled with surprises and wrapped presents. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time someone had bought something for her. Whether it is just a packet of Fizzing Whisbees, she hadn't had a close enough friendship with someone to receive a spontaneous gift. So when George spent his money and spared the thought to buy something for her, she held on to it as if it was her life source. It reminded her of George and was the initiation into the dating status for the two of them. It was special. More special than anything she ever owned.