67.

"What is he doing?!" Blair whispered in a seething tone, struggling against his grip. "Get off of me, George!"

"Just trust us for a second," he said into her ear, keeping his arms clamped around Blair's figure and inching his head over to look in through the window of the barn. Fred appeared barely three feet away from Antonin Dolohov who was words away from killing Jasper. Even though Blair couldn't see what was going on, she knew that Fred was just asking to be killed. She knew his wand was down by his side and he was standing with that irritating grin on his face. With Bellatrix Lestrange and Antonin Dolohov in the room, Fred should be absolutely terrified to be defenceless even for a moment.

"Who the hell are you?!" one of the nameless Death Eater's sneered, looking Fred up and down with narrowed eyes.

The sight of a tall, redhead man in a brown suit appearing next to a black cat on stacks of hay was certainly something the group wasn't expecting. Dolohov didn't move from his position in front of Jasper but the cat had other ideas. Jasper jumped down from the hay with a strong leap before smothering his face against Fred's leg, unaware of the glares he was receiving from the other people in the barn.

"This your cat?" another Death Eater questioned, jerking his hand down to Fred's feet. Bellatrix stood silently with her menacing stare solely on Fred, which made him unease inside. But he appeared as if he didn't notice and continued to smile at the other men who glared at him like he was an unwanted weed in the garden.

"Sure is!" Fred chirped, bending down to pick Jasper up and keep him locked under his arm. Jasper let out an unfinished meow and squirmed once more, only to stop once Fred gave a warning squeeze. He may like the cat now, but he had put the both of them in more danger than anyone's worth. Fred hadn't intended to be facing four Death Eaters on his own with Jasper under his arm, but the situation couldn't be changed now. He had to think fast and to get everyone he wanted out alive, he'd have to be the trickster that he and his brother were known for. Death Eaters were still people no matter how evil they were, and people could be fooled.

"What are you doing here, kid? Get lost on your way to the village, did you?" Dolohov stepped away from the hay that was not used as a platform for Jasper any longer. Instead, he fiddled his wand through his fingers and kept his slits for eyes trained on Fred. He didn't like him and questioned every part of him; right down to his goofy grin.

"Kid? I'll have you know that I recently turned nineteen!" Fred straightened his shoulders and feigned a joking roll of his eyes. "I know I have this baby smooth skin and dashing good-"

"I know you."

Fred stopped and George stiffened in his place under the window sill. Blair had stopped struggling in his hold and was sharp enough to notice that George's body had gone rigid. His grip wasn't as tight from the distraction and allowed Blair to twist in his arms, poking her eyes into view to see half of the situation. She saw that the grin that she thought Fred would be still wearing was gone and replaced with what could be taken as a puzzled frown. He stared back at Lestrange who had lowered her head to allow a strand of frizz to fall in front of her eye. Her lips had been pulled into a pout that wasn't in any sense cute or innocent. Her hands stuck out by her sides which emphasised the tightness of her black, laced corset.

"I'm sorry?" Fred dared to say, adjusting Jasper against his side.

"I. Know. You," Bellatrix said again with pauses in between her words that stabbed Fred's heart every time. "Blood traitor."

"What are you on about?" Dolohov turned his crazed head towards his considered co-worker. If he had looked inches to the right, he would see Blair and George's eyes peeking over the window sill. The two feared for Fred's life and prayed that he knew what he was doing. They were prepared to apparate to his aid but were trusting that he had gotten into this mess with some sort of a plan. When he had looked at George as he stopped Blair from jumping inside to save her pet, he had a glint in his eyes that usually meant he had an idea. And with an idea came a plan. But George had forgotten that Fred wasn't the best with plans and had made it a custom in the past to leave them up to Blair or himself to decipher instead.