82.

"Do you think you can get him up to his room by yourself?" Molly had questioned and Blair had thought nothing of it at the time.

"I'll be fine."

She now realised that this was a stupid idea. George was a head taller than her and wasn't conscious enough to keep a majority of his weight on his own two legs. His head sagged forward and Blair worried that the blood would rush to his face and make the wound leak once more. Bandages had been wrapped around his head after the wound was cleaned, but the effects were still long lasting. He could barely stay awake for more than a minute and it didn't help that Molly had given him a potion to numb the intense pain that came with losing your entire ear.

"Mmmhmm," he hummed, Blair forcing him to take the next step up the stairs. "Bmhmm... Balloons... ssmhmm."

He was also completely delusional. Not only was it hard to get him up the stairs as he sagged over Blair's shoulders, he was babbling nonsense into her ear. Why she hadn't asked Fred to help her was beyond her at this point. She thought he was pretty shaken from seeing his twin covered in blood with a gaping hole in the side of his head. Blair had seen him sitting at the dining room while the Order bustled around him, looking deeply into his cup of tea that Molly had forced into his hands. It would be better to leave him for the night and take care of George herself.

Eventually getting the door to the twins' childhood bedroom open, Blair lowered him slowly on to the bed that had been neatly made by her that same morning. He let out a soft groan and she worked on getting his long legs up on to the mattress instead of hanging over the edge. The room was only lit by the moon that had finally broken through the dense clouds outside, making Blair flick her wand to light the candle that sat on the nightstand closest to her.

"Rimmhmm," he mumbled again, his eyelids loosely over his eyes.

"Just rest, Georgie," she soothed and pulled off his shoes. "You don't need to stay awake anymore."

"I want to..." he shook his head against the pillow, kicking at the duvet that Blair tried to pull over his legs. She resisted sighing and scolding him for acting like a child. His behaviour was something that wasn't to be mentioned while he had to live the rest of his life without hearing from one side of him.

"I want... to..." he said again and rolled over, grabbing for the nightstand with his eyes still shut. Blair reached out in fear of him knocking over the lit candle and wrapped her fingers around his hand, pulling it back to open the drawer he was grabbing for.

"What do you want in here?"

George's head lulled to the side and his bloodshot eyes appeared through his lashes. Blair waited patiently for him to gather his words and saw how his brown eyes flickered from her face to the drawer that sat open. He pulled his hand gently out of her grip and reached into the drawer, enclosing his hand around what he wanted and letting his arm fall back against the duvet. Blair shut the drawer and tried to see through George's fingers in curiosity. 

"I want to... ask you... somethin'," he let out in a mumble but Blair caught it.

"Can it wait? You really should sleep," she tried and he shook his head again, a spot of redness seeping through his bandage. Breathing loudly through her nose, Blair hoped that George would say what he needed to soon. She was tired, exhausted and would be sleeping in Ginny's room for the night. Giving him the entire bed instead of them sharing was a wise decision and she was sure that George would both appreciate it and pout about it in the morning.

"I've wanted to ask you..." he slurred and brought the box into both of hands, fiddling with it with his eyes sliding shut and reopening slowly. "... to marry me... for a while, but... the time never really... came."