72.

The Burrow was restored with a nifty bit of magic. But it had been burnt to near cinders, and that was heartbreaking to see. Before the Death Eaters left the field in their mists of smoke, they crashed through the entire house and sent it timbering to the ground. Harry and Ginny had been rescued from within the field by Arthur and Remus, before returning to the clearing where The Burrow once sat. The rest of the Weasleys and their acquaintances watched as their safe place burn and flicker in the night.

Molly had been the most upset. Even though Arthur, Tonks and Remus were able to reverse the flames' effects and get the house back to its quirky glory, she had to be helped back into the house and immediately disappeared into her bedroom upstairs. Her children had been worried about her drooping, crestfallen glaze that pulled at her face when The Burrow went up in flames, and the eldest of her sons chose to have a talk with her to ensure that she was okay.

Blair could understand what Molly was feeling. The Burrow was her sanctuary and the place that she worked on everyday to make it warm and welcoming for all of her children and their friends. Although it was easily fixed by magic, she had to watch as everything she worked for and owned burned. They were just lucky that they had all been in the same room when the house caught alight, otherwise not everyone may have been able to get out in time.

Remus and Tonks had left almost immediately once The Burrow had been restored and Ginny and Harry were taken into the other room for a stern talking to by Arthur. With Bill and Charlie comforting their mother, Ron, George, Fred and Blair sat in the living room in an eerie silence. They had all been scared and thought that the Death Eaters had come to finally eliminate them at last. From what they heard from Ginny and Harry's frantic babbling, Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback had been the ones to attack the house. There had been taunting on Lestrange's part about Sirius and Greyback seemed to only sneer and growl at the two kids through the long grass. But Harry and Ginny were safe and The Burrow was as good as new, meaning that Christmas could continue and the family wouldn't lose their festive spirit.

Blair had purposely avoided George's gaze throughout the whole ordeal, but that didn't stop him from piercing through her with his own stare. She knew that he was worried and had abandoned the idea of 'relaxing' for the holidays. Blair suspected it was a lost cause before the attack had even happened. Without letting him utter a word, she turned to him when they first entered the house and said,

"I'm fine."

Her stern stare had made George shut his open mouth that had been ready to ask the question that she  answered. He withdrew his ambition to ensure that she was without a scratch and nodded his head, turning to Fred who was nursing a small scab that had appeared over the tiniest of burns on his pinkie finger. Blair took to making cups of tea in the kitchen with her wand doing most of the work and sent a steaming cup upstairs to Molly's room. She charmed it to knock politely on the door, where either Bill or Charlie would open it and let it descend slowly into Molly's hands.

"I think that we should all go to bed for the night," Arthur announced as he came back into the room with Ginny and Harry heading for the stairs behind him. The rest of them didn't argue and extinguished the lights, heading to their respectful rooms for a long awaited night's rest.

Blair changed into her pyjamas and got into George's childhood bed, knowing that he was preparing in the bathroom to do the same. They had been given the particular room so that they could sleep in different beds, but that obviously wasn't going to happen. George came in from brushing his teeth and turned to Fred's neatly made bed that hadn't yet been touched. His eyes travelled towards the next piece of furniture in the room and say Blair snuggled down to her chin under his duvet.

"I should've known I'd be having a bed hogger for the holidays," he attempted to joke and was relieved when he got a smile out of Blair.

He pointed his wand at the lights in the room and headed over to the last piece of mattress that Blair had tried to leave for him. The single bed wasn't made for two growing adults, but it wasn't much different from when they used to sleep in each other's dorm rooms back at Hogwarts. It brought back a sense of nostalgia and mischief regardless of how little room there was to move around. George didn't mind that Blair's legs were hooked over his and most of her torso was on top of his chest. It eased his conscience at being so close to her and made him somehow, and he had been struggling immensely to do this recently, relax.