31.

The evening rolled around at Grimmauld Place and Molly called everyone down for dinner. She had made a huge cauldron of pumpkin and potato soup with a jug of Pumpkin juice. Sirius sat at the head of the table with his small glass of wine while the Weasleys, Blair and Hermione all settled into the spare chairs. Jasper and Crookshanks had walked into the room together for some of the crumbs that had fallen to the floor from the bread that Molly accompanied with the soup, before perching themselves by the door.

"Do you think they like each other?" Ginny questioned as she eyed the two felines that sat with their tails lapped over one another.

"They're both boys. It's impossible," Hermione answered with a shake of her head.

"They could still like each other," Blair spoke up from her soup. "They just wouldn't be able to have kittens."

"Thank Merlin for that," Fred mumbled but received a harsh look from Blair, making him shrink down to his soup to avoid her patronising gaze.

"O-Oh well of course," Hermione stuttered. "I-I just meant t-that-"

"It's alright, Hermione. They might just be friends anyway," Blair gave her an understanding smile and Hermione swallowed with a small nod, turning her attention back to her soup in embarrassment.

"So Blair," Sirius spoke up and turned the attention of the table to him. "I'm sure you're partially aware of my family's background. Is there anything you know about your family?"

The heads at the table turned to focus on Blair who put down her spoon and shifted her eyes to settle on the blank wall opposite her. She knew that the Black family were immersed in the dark arts and were known supporters of You Know Who. Bellatrix Lestrange, who was once part of the Black family until she married into the Lestrange family, was one of his most devoted followers. She is now in Azkaban for her crimes and refused to bow down for a lighter sentence. Most of those accused after the first Wizarding war tried to plea as being under the Imperius curse, but she was sure to let the Ministry know that she enjoyed what she did and that You Know Who would return again.

She was surprised at first at how nice Sirius was considering how families like the Malfoys are when meeting those who aren't devoted to You Know Who. He was laid back and had a mischievous glint in his eyes that Blair saw in both Fred and George's. She liked his free spirit and understood his frustration with being locked down to his house because of him still being a wanted man. But even though he would be able to sympathise with the prejudice behaviour she gets for having the last name of a known death eater, she couldn't help but feel uncomfortable and nervous to talk about it at the table.

"W-Well I only really knew about my dad," she admitted with a small shrug. "I've never heard about who my mother was. But I think I did hear about my grandmother being one of Grindelwald's lieutenants. She was French."

"Ah yes Vinda Rosier," Sirius nodded and looked into the distance as if to imagine the woman herself. "She was said to be very mysterious that one. Deeply committed to Grindelwald. She went to Azkaban after Dumbledore had his duel with him. Lived out the rest of her life there."

Listening to Sirius's ongoing biography of her grandmother was something that Blair didn't like at all. She knew that her family was dark but she never had looked anymore into it than that. She preferred to stay unaware of the possible crimes that her ancestors had committed and hearing that her grandmother was the supposed 'lieutenant' of one of the most dangerous and evilest men in the Wizarding world, was enough to rattle her bones and gulp at the idea of being related to such a woman.

"And then there was of course Evan Rosier," Sirius continued, oblivious to Blair's grimace and sad look she gave her unfinished and cold bowl of soup. "What a wizard he was. As powerful and wicked as my dear cousin Bellatrix. Skilled in curses beyond anything I'd ever seen and even took a part of Alastor's nose with him when he died! But of course we-"