~Chapter Six~

I turned around to see Billy grinning like crazy. He was wearing no shirt and just a leather biker jacket with jeans. Sweat coated his chest and abs. My eyes quickly scanned his body before reaching his face.

"I guess I'm just full of surprises" I said back with a grin. His hand grabbed mine and he softly dragged me to the dance floor.

"I don't-" I began but Billy cut me off.

"Just one please. I mean, you owe it to me after taking my title of keg king" Billy joked. I sighed and danced with him.

Surprisingly, one dance turned into an hour of dancing with Billy.

"I should make sure my ride isn't here yet" I spoke out looking around to find Nancy.

"Who that Byers weirdo? He left like twenty minutes ago with a very drunk Wheeler" Billy stated.

"Shit" I said under my breath, panic began to sink in.

"I'll drive you home" Billy offered.

"I'll just find Steve"

"I don't think Steve's driving anywhere tonight. He looks like he's drinking his sorrows away" Billy said pointing towards the kitchen. I sighed before looking at Billy and accepting the ride.

We both made our way out of the house together, Billy stopping every few seconds to say goodbye to someone new. A few people even congratulated him and patted him on the back, I was hoping they didn't think he was scoring with me tonight.

He unlocked his car and hopped in the driver seat. I walked around and slide into the passenger seat. We drove in silence, well by silence I meant Billy's music blasting but we didn't say a word. Instead I studied him while he drove and noticing he was relaxed until the moment we pulled up to his house and into the driveway.

"Thanks for the ride" I said kissing him on the cheek and closing the car door. Billy flashed a smile, something I haven't seen him do before. He looked like he was about to say something when a noise came from his house.

"BILLY" his dad yelled as he came storming out the front door.

"Go" Billy whispered looking serious. I sprinted across the street before his dad saw I came out of the car. I slowly walked up my driveway and watched the scene unfold across the street.

"Billy where the hell have you been?" His dad yelled as he stood face to face with his son. Billy just stood there like a statue not moving an inch or saying a word. He just followed his dad straight into the house.

I crept through the house not wanting to wake my dad. Again he was stationed in front of the TV on the recliner, all his nights were spent sleeping here. He claims the bed doesn't feel the same without her.

I climbed the stairs and fell straight onto my bed falling asleep in the clothes I had worn to the party. Caring less to remove my makeup or brush my hair.

The next morning I woke up with a killer headache. I zombie walked down the stairs, grabbing a cup of water and an aspirin before making my way back up to my room. I changed into comfier clothes to lay around in.

I listened to music and read some magazines all weekend long making my weekend anything but eventful. But one thing kept replaying in my mind, it was the scene Billy's dad made the night of the party. I wondered why Billy was the way he was. I, however, may never know.