~Chapter Sixty Two~

Billy's POV

I had just walked into the house for the first time since Phoebe passed. Once Amelia was cleared to go home, I headed back to Hawkins.

I needed as much support as I could get to raise the girls. I bought a house down the street from Susan and Dan.

Dan was completely crushed by the news, I mean who wouldn't. He first loses his wife and then his daughter.

It was now a month later and I had returned to California to pack up our things. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the house yet but I knew we couldn't live off of the few clothing items we had picked up at local stores.

I walked in to find everything the same way it was when we left for the baby to be born. The day flashing before my eyes. I was brought back to reality as I walked further in. Her smell lingered throughout the house.

I walked into the kitchen to see the waffle maker still on the counter. I smiled at the thought of her making Madison's favorite breakfast. I looked over to find a letter neatly placed on the island with my name on it.

I grabbed it and sat down in a chair slowly opening the envelope. Inside was a white paper folded into three sections. I let out a breath before reading it.

It read:

Billy,

I want you to know I love you! Don't ever doubt your abilities as a father, as a son or as a brother. In times of need it's okay to let a tear shed, but remember you're never alone.

Madison is so lucky to have a father like you and soon our newest baby will be able to share in on the experience with her. I ask that you celebrate all of life's moments with them, even those that can bring sadness. Never be afraid to tell them about me, as they are going to ask about me in the future. Explain to them that they will always be loved by me and that I will be looking over them.

Most importantly know it was my choice to continue this pregnancy, I chose to risk my life for our baby. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself knowing I ended its life in order for mine to continue. It just didn't feel right. While our time together may have been short, it's been worth it...all of it. I wouldn't have wanted to have it any other way.

It may be hard at first to accept love, but don't be lonely forever. I know you'll find someone eventually who can love our children and you just as much as I did.

Upstairs in the closet is a box of letters addressed to individuals for different occasions. I hope they provide some comfort and ease to those who read it.

Just remember I'm always with you. Just look for my footprints in the sand.

Love, Phoebe

I walked outside with the letter in my hand to find footprints leading to the ocean. I let out a deep breath before wiping the tears.

"I love you too" I said