~Chapter Fifty Seven~

Max comes running to my side as Billy and Neil have a go at each other. Max and I both hold each in fear of what was playing out in front of us.

Neil and Billy are throwing punches at each other left and right. Knocking over tables, lamps and chairs, anything that stands in there way is destroyed.

"Bring it. Bring it like the man I tried raising you to be" Neil yelled at Billy. He was trying to rial Billy up more.

Neil swings and hit Billy right in the mouth splitting his lip open. Billy in turn splits Neil's eyebrow. Blood everywhere. In that moment I remembered Steve who was tied up downstairs in the basement.  I ran to the basement door and down the stairs into the  basement trying to untie him as quickly as possible.

"Phoebe you need to leave. He's crazy..... this is almost as bad as the time when I was tied up and held captive by the Russians underneath the mall" Steve said as I untied the rope. I didn't say a word. Just as Steve was untied and we began to hurry back up the stairs I noticed a gun laying on a shelf with some spare ammo. I had never shot a gun let alone held one but in desperate times calls for desperate measures.

I ran back down the stairs grabbing and loading the hand gun before coming back up. As I opened the door I revealed Neil beating Billy to a pulp. Max was crying the corner with Steve trying to consult her. Steve knew better than to try and take on Neil.

"C'mon try harder" Neil yelled at Billy who was beginning to become unconscious. Neil just needed a few more punches to kill Billy. I knew it was now or never.

I quickly raised the gun my hand shaking uncontrollably in fear. I took the safety off and placed my hand on the trigger pulling it back.

BOOM

The sound of the fired gun radiated through the house. I stood there frozen. Not able to comprehend sounds or sight. My mind racing, more like panicking at the thought of me shooting a gun and possibly killing someone.

I felt my body being jostled around furiously. My mind snapped out of its blank state bringing me back to reality. I quickly dropped the gun that was still in my hand.

"Phoebe are you okay?" Steve asked looking at me. His hands were on my cheeks making sure I had no injuries. I looked to see Max on the phone probably calling the cops or something.

"I-I-I did I-?" was all I was able to mutter out.

"Hey just sit down" Steve said bringing me to the couch.

"Is Billy alive?" I asked as I began to process what had occurred.

"Max called the ambulance they are on their way" Steve said. Sirens were heard in the distance and were getting increasingly louder.

I heard a herd of footsteps enter the house. Police communicating with each other as well as with Max and Steve.

I was ushered outside by an EMT who made sure I was okay along with the baby. Everything check out good and I was expected to just walk away with a severely bruised neck.

I wasn't allowed back inside and was forced to wait outside. Paramedics and cops rolled a body bag out of the house on a gurney. My heart sank.