fifth

Caleb's POV -

I left the building feeling annoyed. Why can't he send Rey to do this?

Now I have to go and bring some idiotic girl who apparently intrigued Alpha Alexander and now he wants her here. This is such an irrelevant task. I went straight to that hacker kid , Sean who is also a member of our pack.

Our Redmoon Pack, the largest and the most feared Pack in the southern region. Sean did some techy stuff and was finally able to give me the location and details of the girl.

I looked at the details -
Lillian Adams
Age- 17
What the fuck! Now I have to put up with some irritating pink prom queen for the whole night. She is so far away. I groaned and left for the given address.

I left my car at the starting of the woods . My wolf was getting restless for  some reason. He needed to be let out. So I thought of crossing the woods in my wolf form. I turned and started running. It felt good.

Finally , I crossed the forest and was now standing out of her house. Who the hell lives in the middle of the woods? Anyways , it's an advantage.

I saw an opened window and climbed to it. I made sure that I make no noise at all. I was still in my wolf form. The window was not so high above the ground so it was easier to go there in the wolf form.

As soon as I entered the room , the first thing that hit me was this mouth watering fragrance.  My wolf got so excited. It smelled like a field of lavender. My wolf wanted to howl in excitement but I had control over it.

I found the source of the fragrance sleeping on the bed . But soon, realisation hit me. She is that girl from internet.

I got near her and she was sleeping like an angel. My wolf was so happy to see her and I was unable to decipher the reason behind it and in the next moment, I found my wolf caressing her body with it's fur.

Oh no! This is idiot is going to wake her up.

"Drew, what the fuck do you think you are doing ?" , I snarled at my wolf.

No response.

And then he was caressing her neck and that's when I noticed that the girl was awake. She opened her eyes, her beautiful eyes... Wait, what the hell am I thinking ? I realised my wolf was losing control. Before anything could've happened , I turned back and gained control.

Drew was not so happy with my decision and he kept on rambling something repeatedly. I was not able to make out what he was speaking. I just rolled my eyes at him.

And why is this girl lying here like a dead body? Does she really think pretending she is asleep is going to save her?
"I know you are awake. Faking that you are asleep is not going to help you now", I said in a stern tone.

She still kept on faking that she is asleep. Why do I have to be the one to deal with this stupid girl? Also , Drew's constant rambling and his restlessness ever since we arrived here is annoying me more.

I was done waiting. I kept my hand on her mouth and judging by the amount of squirming and struggling she was doing, I was sure that she'll shout once I removed my hand, so I gagged her as well. But things took a turn when I was finally able to make out what Drew was rambling.

Mate. Mate. Mate

What the hell!!!? This human girl is my mate. A tsunami of emotions took place inside me. She is my mate. My beautiful mate. I was happy but tensed at the same time. That asshole of an Alpha wants her. This thought was putting my insides on fire.
But at the same time, I was not so worried. He is searching for his mate since the past 4 years and maybe he just wants to check if she is his mate or not. Since she is my mate, there is no chance that he'll claim her. And no matter how evil his ways are, he never harmed any of those girls before who he thought might be his mate. Moreover I won't let anything happen to her. My precious little mate.

She was constantly punching my back but it had no effect on me. Her punches felt as if a child was trying to hit me. When I was halfway through the woods, she dug her nails in my back.

Now, that shit hurts.

I dropped her down and kept that stern look on my face. She looked so small in front of me. So innocent..

She was looking here and there. Our surroundings,  sky , tree , everywhere and everything except me. Why isn't my mate looking at me? This made me anxious.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?", my voice came out harsher than I intended to.

And suddenly she casted her eyes downwards and started squirming. She is scared of me.
Clearly , she is scared of me. This infuriated me. I don't want my mate to be scared of me. If it was any other ordinary human , I would've liked it, but not my mate.

"I am taking you to my pack. You will shut the hell up and stop squirming   otherwise you won't like what I'll do next", I told her in an attempt to make her less scared and to ease the turmoil that was going on in her head. She still did not look at me. What the fuck!!!

"Look at me when I am speaking", I growled ferociously.

And with that, she looked up at me. She looked so scared, so fragile. Delicate like a flower. Her brown eyes staring right into my golden one like a doe. Her hair were brown too with a few locks of golden-brown cascading down her back. She is very pretty.

She got up and opened her mouth to speak something, "P-pack-k"

Realisation dawned upon me. I can't be angry with her for being scared of me. Any girl would've been scared right now. She's not the one to be blamed. She doesn't even know I am her mate and I won't hurt her.
Heck, she doesn't even know what mates are.

With that , I softened my tone, "Yes"