seventeen

I ran out the room sensing the urgency of situation.

As soon as I stepped out the room, I saw Rey walking down the corridor. Suddenly his monotonous expression changed to a horrified one as soon as he saw me.

"Oh my God! What's going on?", he said taking his jacket off and giving it to me so that I can cover myself.

"C-caleb-b , p-please h-help, the A-alpha", I stuttered miserably while pointing towards our room.

Without waiting for another word, Rey ran towards our room and another loud growl erupted from the room.

I was about to go inside again when suddenly I was pulled back. It is Cassie.

"Rey mindlinked me. Come on you need to come with me. FAST."

"But C-caleb."

"Don't worry. He'll be alright. Come on we don't have much time. I need to take you away"

"I am not leaving Caleb alone", I argued.

"Oh my God, Lilly ", Cassie said frustratingly pulling her hair and the next thing I knew is something hard hitting my face and darkness engulfing me.

#######

Rey's POV-

That pathetic excuse of an Alpha. How could he force himself upon his Beta's mate.

As soon as I saw Lilly running out the door in that condition I knew something was wrong. There was a deep red bruise on her face . That fucktard hit her.

As soon as i picked up on her words , i knew what happened.

I ran inside the room and was horrified at the sight. Alexander had clawed Caleb's wolf all over.

He was about to snap his neck when I suddenly lunged at him, turning into my grey wolf midway and pushing him off Caleb.

Caleb whimpered and got up slowly while I held him off. I knew Caleb wouldn't be able to fight anymore . I couldn't hold him off for long. No matter how big of an asshole he is, the bastard's stronger than me and even Caleb.

I mindlinked Cassie and told her what to do. I just needed to keep him off till Cassie arrives.

His wolf is bigger and stronger than mine. I don't know how long till he kills me.

I growled and lunged at him once again  trying to claw him.

You have forgotten your place. This is treason. You will be dead for this.

He threatened through mind link.

You are the worst Alpha ever. How could you harass you pack's member like that? Your doom is not too far. I don't even know what happened to you. You were a good being but you changed the day you turned 20.

Something flashed into his eyes at that. Some kind of emotion that I am not able to decipher but it went away as quickly as it came and he growled again,  this time more ferocious than ever.

Alpha power is radiating off him and it is making my wolf to bow down.

Quick Cassie....

He launched himself at me in Alpha mode and I could see that my demise is near. 

I braced myself and squeezed my eyes shut for the impact but it never came. A loud thud voice reached my ears and I opened my eyes to see Alexander's body collapse down.

Cassie is standing behind him with a syringe in her hand. I told her to inject him with wolfsbane and that's what she did.

"We need to hurry. It's only a matter of time he wakes up and goes crazy", I said turning into my human form.

She nodded. And went over to Caleb's limp body. She tapped his cheeks lightly in order to make him conscious .

"Come on, Caleb. Wake up, please."

I groaned when he did not move.

"You just take Lilly with you. I'll bring him. Here , take the keys to my SUV. Don't wait for more than two minutes. If we are not there just till then, then leave and drive to Dom's territory. Once you reach there, you'll be safe."

She nodded and scurried away. I tried to pick Caleb up.

God! He  is heavy as hell.

Being a werewolf makes me stronger than humans and it is easy to lift heavy weights. But to lift another male wolf is difficult even for a werewolf himself. And since Caleb is so well built , he is even heavier.

I somehow manage to wrap one his arm around my shoulder while making him stand on his feet. He is slightly conscious now. There are claw marks everywhere on his body and they are bleeding.

"Li-lil... Lilly..", he said subconsciously.

"She is fine. She is safe and I am taking you to her", I tried to soothe him.

I took him towards the back door of the pack house and saw that Cassie is still there inside the car waiting for us. I quickly opened the door and let Caleb in.

Then I got into the car  beside Caleb quickly and Cassie started the engine and drove off in full speed. Lily is already there on the passenger seat, unconcious as well.

I mind linked all the patrols to clear the area as it is 'Alpha's order'. Pros of being the gamma.

I just hope that Alexander did not tell them what happened already through the mind link.

#####

Hey readers! Well if you'll like this story than please do share it with your friends, especially if they like werewolf stories. And please do vote this chapter.

Thank you to each and every reader who has read my book so far. You guys really do motivate me to right more 😊😊