seventh

"Mine"

As soon as I heard these words from him , something stirred up inside me. Somehow, I felt happy. I don't know why.

But my happiness was short lived.
The next moment, he was advancing towards me. And damn, he looked angry and hot as hell.
Wait, what?

Before I could think about it , I found myself shrieking when he suddenly grabbed my hand and smashed my body against the wall.

And here I thought that he'll keep me safe...

He looked feral. He was literally growling. I was scared as hell. He roared once again, now looking into the eyes of Mr. Alpha,

"Mine"

And then he... he licked my neck. I started pushing him away. How dare he?
Then I heard another loud growl. But it wasn't from him. It was from Mr. Alpha.

Words can't describe how scared I was at the moment. Caleb was scary, Mr. Alpha was scarier and the situation was the scariest. I don't know what these people are up to? Why am I here? Heck , why is he here when he was leaving just now?

And in the next moment, Caleb was pushed off of me. And Mr. Alpha threw him to the ground. They both were fighting like animals.

Their nails grew in size. It was unreal. It was not possible. They were clawing each other. I could feel the tears brimming my eyes. I wanted it to stop. I wanted everything to stop.

I closed my eyes and let the tears fall. They were not stopping. They were going on and on. I could not bare to witness it. I can't see Caleb getting hurt.
It was hurting me. And why was it hurting me to see him hurt? This question was fucking with my brain.

"Stoppppp", I screamed and darkness engulfed me..

#######

Caleb's POV

So much shit happened today. I was almost about to mark her and I would've marked her if Alexander hadn't intervened. And I am grateful that he intervened.  I don't want to mark her against her will. I would never do that. It's just my wolf lost control.

"Oh! So it is my fault now."

"Fuck off, Drew"

As soon as  Alpha came to know that she is my mate, he allowed me take her with me.
I knew that he just wanted to see if she is her mate or not and since she is my mate, he let her go.

And now that I think about the whole thing, she wouldn't have been so scared that she passed out if I told him that she is my mate earlier. I just did not want to say it in front of her.

I just hope she does not hate me now. It is night time now and she is sleeping right next to me. She looks like an angel while sleeping. She really is beautiful.

It's been hours since she passed out. The pack doctor said that she's fine and she just needs some rest. I hope she is alright when she wakes up.

I don't know how much time passed by as I played with her hair and kept on staring her beautiful face but gradually I drifted off to sleep. I don't remember the last time I slept so peacefully. It felt good until some noises woke me up.

As soon as I woke up, I realized that these were sobbing and sniffing sounds and they belonged to my mate. That's when I realized that my arms were wrapped around her waist. I must have done that in sleep. I withdrew my arms hastily -

"Is everything alright? Does your head hurt? ", I asked. Worry was evident in my voice.

"Ye-s",she replied. Her voice came out very low. She sounded weak. I panicked even more .

I tried my best to sound polite and gentle.
"What's wrong ? Why are you crying?...
Is she scared of me?

"I won't hurt you. No one is going to hurt you here. You are safe ", I tried to assure her but she kept on sobbing.

What the fuck should I do now. My mate is crying and here I am sitting like an underdeveloped baboon trying to figure out what to do?
Should I hold her hands?
Fuck! In all those chick-flicks , the good guy makes the girl happy by doing some sappy shit... Now I have no idea how to do that...
I am not some Peter Kavinsky...
Yeah, I watch them , so what?

"Do you want to eat something? I mean I can cook someth...---
"Yesss", she shouted still sobbing.

"Okay, okay", judging by the way she shouted just now, I can tell that she is very angry.

Quickly, I got up from the bed. She also got up from the bed but suddenly she put her hands around her head as if she felt dizzy and she was about to fall but guess who caught her ?

Yes, it's me , your favorite Beta. Her frame seemed so small in front of me.

"Don't touch me", she said bitterly while pushing me away.

I groaned internally...
Why babe?

But I let her be. Slowly,  I started withdrawing my arms and when I was sure that she was good enough to stand on her own , I backed away.

But after taking two or three steps , she fumbled and collided with my back.

"Please just let me carry you. Please...
You are not well. "

Fuck, this is the first time in my life that I said please twice in a same sentence to someone. This girl will be the death of me.

She nodded hesitantly and that's all I needed to pick her up and snuggle her in my embrace.

Umm.. okay I am exaggerating. I just picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck and was constantly giving me a death glare.

Have I done something?

I tried my best to ignore it but I couldn't.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I am fine"

If she is fine ,  then why is she glaring at me like that.

I looked at her and give my best charming smile.

Please smile back... please smile back...

I prayed internally and finally her lips curved up in the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

Yes!! She stopped sobbing and is now smiling.

And that's how it's done bitches!!!