twenty eight

Lilly's POV

We all rushed to the infirmary. About fifteen members of the pack suffered the same pain, including Rey.

Pack members, along with the help of pack warriors, took all those who fainted to the infirmary.

How did all this happen? Everything was going fine. Everyone was enjoying the ceremony. Rey found his mate. And then this...

We all were sitting outside the ward in which Rey was admitted. Dom was coming every now and then asking about his progress while keeping a track on other members as well.

Rey's mate, Jasmine cannot help but cry. Cassie is inside with the doctor as she is one of the healers now. Caleb is pacing out the room relentlessly.
Why moon goddess?

First that Alpha Assander... then Caleb's health... then Cassie's mate... and now this...

It seems like each time we all are a bit happy, something twice as bad as the previous thing happens.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened and the pack doctor came out, Cassie following him.

"How is he?", it was Dom's voice laced with concern.

"He will be fine by tomorrow morning. I have given him the antidote to wolfsbane and taken silver out of his system", the doctor said and all of our eyes widened.

"Wolfsbane!?? Silver!??? ", Dom growled and he looked scary as hell.

"Y-yes Alpha, I t-think someone mixed it in t-the drinks or something at the celebration ", the doctor visibly gulped.

Drinks...

Then I remembered.

"Blue Lagoon...", I said. "Rey drank that blue lagoon thing", I muttered.

"What the fuck!?? Who would dare to do that in a celebration in my territory?"

"Maybe--", Caleb was about to say something but he got interrupted.

A man came running towards us.

"Alpha", he bowed respectfully, "We found RedMoon's messenger on the border. He has a message for you"

And all of our eyes widened in realization except for Jasmine, who is oblivious of the whole chaotic situation.

"Bring him to my office", said Dom and the man walked away after nodding.

"Caleb come with me", they both were about to walk when I interrupted.

"I want to come too", I interjected.

"Lilly, stay here. Stay with Jasmine and Cassie, we will sort this out", Caleb said sternly, leaving no room for arguement.

"But-

"No buts. Please obey me this one time", he said half pleading and half sternly and I just stood there like a statue watching both of them go away.

I need to know what it's about. I am sure that it is that bastard's plan what happened today.  I wish to punch the shit out of his face.

I started walking towards Dom's office. Jasmine was busy staring at Rey through the glass and Cassie was inside again so there was no one to stop me.

Somewhere, I knew this is all because of me so I can't just sit here and do nothing. I reached the door and stood outside placing my ear on the door.