twenty six

I woke up in the morning feeling a bit sore between my legs. The events from last night caught up in my mind and a wide smile made it's way on my face.

I got up and stepped out of the bed. As soon as I stood and tried to walk, the soreness between my legs increased and it was difficult to walk.

I somehow limped to the bathroom and filled the tub with hot water. I was already half naked. I took off the remaining clothes and sat in the bathtub.

It felt soothing and did a great deal in calming the soreness between my legs. I set my head back and was relaxing when  I remembered that today is the Annual Feast.

Just as I was thinking, Caleb came inside the bathroom and I dropped down a bit in the water to cover my body.

"Get out", I said in a playful tone while watching my eyebrows.

"But why? You know that the water levels are decreasing all through the world and therefore it is very necessary to save each drop of water. That's why I've decided that from today onwards, we will bath together and save water", he said grinning.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Don't look at me like that baby ", he fake gasped, "I am not doing this for my pleasure, it's for the environment and, and for water conservation", he said sounding very serious.

"Sure it is", I said while shaking my head.

He started taking his clothes off and I rolled my eyes.

His back is facing me. Damn , he is hot.

He entered the bathtub and sat right in front of me. He waved his hand in front of my face and that's when I realize that I've been staring at him for too long.

"If you're done eyeraping me, then care to share what's going on in that pretty little head of yours", he said playfully.

"I wasn't thinking about 'that'", I said shyly.

"Yeah of course", he scoffed.

I narrowed my eyes. "Actually I was thinking about tonight's event. What should I wear?"

"You look good in everything babe", he said swooning over me.

"Caleb, I am being serious here",I said with a chuckle, "By the way, what happens in the ceremony?"

"Oh , Dom will just say an oath and we'll have to repeat after him and then according to the traditions of this pack, their emblem will be 'marcamed' by the Elders. Marcam is like a tattoo. It is different in every pack. In RedMoon, we used to take a drop of blood of every new member as a sign that there loyalty lies with us and they will even sacrifice their lives for the pack if it comes to that"

I nodded my head making an 'O' with my lips.

These traditions seem pretty sacred.

"What if any member decides to leave the pack? What about the Marcam then, I guess it's permanent"

"No, the ink used to imprint it is enchanted by a witch and it diminishes the moment someone decide to leave the pack"

"Witch!? They exist too", I ask bewildered.

"Umm.. yeah", he said smiling meekly.
"Vampires do too, though they are very, very rare too find and much less in number , but they do. However their population is high in other realm"