twenty four

I entered the kitchen to see Cassie sitting there having a sandwich.

I walked up to her.

"Hey", I said with a smile on my face. She returned the smile. She looked normal except her eyes. They were a bit red and puffy. It's no big secret that why is she upset.

"How are you doing", I asked trying not to sound too obvious but somehow I ended up being obvious. I am so bad at making these type of conversations.

"Surprisingly fine", she sighed.

"As soon as I came to know about the whole Elyza thing, I have a hope that maybe he acted that way because right now his top priority is his sister. Maybe once he gets her he will accept me too ", she said with her head bowed low.

A tear escaped her eye and I stood right next to her and embraced her.

"I sound pathetic,  don't I? It hurts , the way he looked at me. As if I am nothing", she said while shedding a few more tears.

I started rubbing her back while still embracing her.

"It's going to be okay. He will accept you. And if he doesn't I'll make sure that he regrets it"

As I was speaking,  Caleb entered the kitchen.

His eyes warmed as soon as he witnessed the scene.

"Cass don't cry. Please. He will be here the day after tomorrow to recieve his sister. I'll make sure that you two get enough time and privacy to talk when he gets here "

Cassie's eyes lit up as soon as those words left his mouth.

"Really? You could do that?", she asked and this time she smiled genuinely first time since she met her mate.

"Of course.  I'd do anything for you. You are like my sister ",Caleb said with a wide smile on his face.

"Thank you so so much. I just hope he accepts me", she jumped onto Caleb and engulfed him in a embrace.

"Oh of course he will. What kind of idiot will not accept such a beauty?",I said and Caleb nodded in agreement while she just smiled weakly.

"Oh one more thing. Tomorrow is the annual pack feast", Caleb announced and then turned his attention towards me, "Umm.. it is like Thanksgiving. We thank the moon goddess for everything that we are grateful for and give our offerings. There is going to be a big celebration ", he explained to me.

I nodded grasping all the information.

"Also the new members will be accepted in the ceremony and that includes us. Rey and I are given the position of high rank warriors as Dom already has his beta and gamma. In fact, both gamma and beta will be arriving tomorrow. Dom had sent them to the neighboring pack for some pack related stuff."

"Oh! Are you upset about it? I mean the title...", I tried asking carefully so as not to hit any nerve.

"Not much. I am grateful that at least I have such good friends as Rey and Dom that we are standing here today otherwise right now I would've been either a rogue or dead and I don't want to think about what would've happened to you", Caleb grimaced as those bitter memories played in our minds.

I let out a sigh agreeing with what Caleb just said. At least we are safe and have a roof above our heads.

#####

I was busy finding my stripped pajamas as it was already night when suddenly something caught my attention.

The lingerie that I bought from Victoria's Secret.