thirty six

Caleb's POV-

"Did we get any information about that witch?", I asked Dom as we entered his office. Alexander is a fool to attack us like this. But who knows what preparation has he done? I mean he had enough time to plan am attack. But all this still seems kind of unplanned to me.

And he is really a fool if he thinks that he can defeat us right now. He has no support, no back ups, no allies. He sabotaged his relations with neighboring packs by being the ruthless psychopath he is. I know it's not his fault , it's the curse but still. After what he did to Lilly,  I feel no sympathy towards him.

I know RedMood is the largest and most dangerous pack but BloodWood is quite large too. And Dom is much better of an Alpha than Alex has been which explains why he has allies to support him. The neighboring packs are with him and combining their warriors with ours, we outnumber Alex's warriors.

"We have no information about the witch yet . But we don't have much time in our hands. It's slipping like sand and we need a strategy. My pack comes first and if it comes down to taking Alexander's life, then so be it. He is clearly after Lilly and he thinks that Elyza is dead, I guess. But both of them are now part of my pack and I'llprotect them no matter what", Dom said with rage in his eyes.

My jaws clenched as well. I won't let him anywhere Lilly.  That bastard.

"Is he up for negotiations?", Rey asked.

"No. He is acting like a psychopath. I have called a pack meeting. It's time that we warn the pack of the threat. Only a few hours are left."

We all nodded in agreement .

"Let's head to the Pack hall. Everyone must've gathered by now", Dom said and we all followed after him.

We entered the hall to see it full of all the members including high ranking warriors and children.

Dom quickly ascended to the podium and without wasting a second he started speaking,

"Thank you all for gathering here on such a short notice. I demanded your presence to warn you of the threat that is watching us like a hawk at the borders our pack's territory. RedMoon wants a war and they are not up for any negotiations.  If a war is what they want, then a war is what they'll  get. I ,Dominic Rodriguez,  the Alpha of BloodWood pack swear that I will protect my pack with all my strength till my last breath. The BloodWood warriors proved their strength and bravery in every battle of the were history and by the blessings of moon Godess, I pray that the same happens in this war too", Dom said in his Alpha tone. I looked at the crowd and I can see it in their eyes how proud they are of their Alpha. None of them looked scared rather brave and determined.

"Now, I would like all the children and women to go down the bunker. Two guards will be down there and in case things go wrong, you all are aware of the drill. You all know the secret passages of the bunker. You'll be safe there. Those who think they can fight can stay back. Also all the warriors stay back. I need to discuss some things "

All the women and children followed the guards that were allotted to take them to the bunker. My eyes searched around for Lilly and I found her standing there still. I walked through the crowds and grabbed her hand and brought her to a secluded corner.

I cupped her cheeks and placed a kiss on her forehead. My precious mate.

"Go with them. Stay with Cassie and Elyza at all the times. Jasmine will be here as she is the Gamma", I said and my focus shifted to her stomach. I looked back into her eyes again and they were already filled with unshed tears.

She wrapped her arms around my torso.

"Caleb, all of this is my fault. He is after me. I am putting everything in danger. What if something happens to you? I'd die without you", she cried. I suddenly placed my hand over her lips while wiped her tears with the other.

"Don't say such things. Nothing will happen to me. I'll be fine. You'll be fine. Everything's going to be fine. And it is not your fault. I love you and I will come back to you no matter what. We will not lose this war and you'll have me back", I said while cradling her in my embrace, "Till then, wait for me. I need you to be strong Lilly. Stay safe and keep that little life inside your womb safe."

"I love you too. I will wait for you. Promise me you'll be back", she said while looking me deep in the eyes. My heart clenched in my chest.

"I promise. Now, go to the bunker", I said softly and she raised on her toes and planted a kiss on my lips.

Though it was just a small peck, it said a lot. It told me how scared she is to lose me and how devastated she is right now. I watched her walk to the bunker with Cassie and Elyza and after a few minutes only the warriors were left in the hall.

Dom started speaking again, "The Alpha of RedMoon is feral. His wolf is feral and he is not in control of him. So it won't be easy to bring him down but that's the only choice we have. I have 500 warriors in my pack and many of you stayed to go to war. I appreciate your love towards your pack. It increases our soldier count and could prove very useful in winning this war. They will attack us from the East front . There is no other possibility for them and since it is our land, we have an advantage. We have three sides to attack. I want you all to divide in three groups. One group will be led by Beta Michael and Gamma Jasmine.

One will be led by Commander Caleb and warrior Reynold and I will lead the third group.

Michael's group will attack from Southern Front, Caleb's from Western Front and I'll see the Eastern front. We'll surround them from all the sides and attack till they surrender . And if it comes down to killing their Alpha , we won't hesitate.

Our pack comes first and we will not step back from saving our motherland even if it means to sacrifice our lives", by the time Dom stopped speaking, we all were filled with rage and passion. Passion to protect our pack, it's members, the women, the children. This is our land, our territory and we will do anything and everything to save it.

With determination and passion we marched to the weapons room. Weapons according to the area of every individual's expertise were distributed.

We were getting our armor ready when we heard the loud siren, piercing through the air to reach our ears.

This is the announcement of war. They are coming. The war has begun.

A/n-

Hey readers, first of all my book reached 1k reads. Thank you all so so much for showing so much love and support to my work. It really means a lot to me.

Second, while writing this chapter, I realized how difficult a soldier's life is. They sacrifice their lives on the border so that we can sleep peacefully in our homes. They are our saviours,  they are the real hero.

Not only the soldiers but their family too. Their wives, children , parents. I can't even imagine how they feel when one of their own goes to war. I pray for the safety and well being of all the soldiers out there guarding day and night to protect us. ❤❤