Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Disclaimer: I do not own High school DxD or Fairy Tail they are property of Ichiei Ishibumi and Hiro Masima respectively.

---With Xenovia---

Fear. Hands trembling and sweaty. Vision dilating.

All Xenovia was able to see at this moment after hearing the clatter of Durandal being tossed away was the menacing and terrifying form of the God Devouring Wolf stalking towards her with saliva dripping from its maw. The beady eyes of a predator stalking its prey, that is what Xenovia saw.

She heard the faint calls of what sounded like her name but nothing made it through to her. The power rolling of off Fenrir was too overpowering.

"Take this blade and reach for the skies where the Dragons roam". It was his voice. Warmth filled her as she heard the whistle of steel through the air.

A cloud of dust covered Xenovia and Fenrir from everyone's view. All they heard was the menacing growl coming from Fenrir before they felt the impact of something heavy hitting the earth. They all knew this was Fenrir pouncing on his prey.

It seemed like the time around the battlefield froze. Even the sons of Fenrir and the Dragon King Midgardsormr froze. The seconds that rolled by as they waited for the dust to dissipate and they felt like hours if not days.

Relief flooded the members of the attack group as they saw Xenovia standing tall with a midnight black katana with a dark red handle. Carved on the handle was a Dragon, the guard consisted of many tiny Dragon wings and a purple hue ran through the glyphs carved into the blade.

"Wait isn't that..." Akeno started saying as a memory came to mind.

"Darastrix Cayosin," the booming voice of Midgardsormr sounded around the mountainy terrain for the first time this battle. His white eyes gained a fleeting colour and began flashing between a plain white and sunset orange though this went unnoticed by the combatants seeing that their focus was solely on Xenovia and Fenrir.

Rage filled Fenrir's eyes as he saw his prey fighting back while newfound confidence and strength radiated from Xenovia. The two dashed towards one another for another clash and as they advanced the spectating group saw what looked like a visage of a purplish-blue dragon forming behind the blade.

"You know that blade?" Kiba asked Akeno, he heard her surprised statement just before Midgardsormr revealed its name and he was mesmerised by the blade. The elegance of the blade combined with the power it radiated could only be achieved by a master smith with techniques and resources he could barely even dream of.

"Yes, just before the Three Faction meeting, Michael asked Natsu about that blade..." Akeno trailed off as she realised what that meant seeing that blade here. A smile formed on her face as she realised her mate was close by and watching over them.

Xenovia brought the blade towards Fenrir's neck while the great wolf opened its maw to once again disarm the blue-haired devil. The sound of metal meeting tooth sounded around the area swiftly followed by an object landing near the others that were spectating this fight.

There before them was one of the God-Killing Fangs. A pained howl came from Fenrir as one of his fangs was broken off.

"Amazing, with this blade I will defeat you," Xenovia declared while spinning around to face the wolf. Her plans were interrupted when Hati and Sköll came to their father's aid. They placed themselves before their shocked father, waiting for him to snap out of it, ready to protect him.

"It seems like you should be the one to die first, and I guess I should be the one to kill you, seeing that you are strong enough to harm Fenrir. This is so tedious," Loki said in a bored tone. He lifted his hand and started summoning magic circles behind him.