Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Disclaimer: I do not own High school DxD or Fairy Tail they are property of Ichiei Ishibumi and Hiro Masima respectively.

---Train station in the Underworld---

Rias and Wendy were the last of the ORC group who still needed to board the train that would take them back to the human world.

"And remember you are always welcome to drop by any time you want," Venelana said as she embraced her daughters.

"See you Mom, Dad," Rias said with a wave as she boarded the train shortly followed by Wendy after she said her own good-byes.

Once the ORC group boarded the train, Wendy, Asia, Kiba and Issei took their seats and started to talk about everything that had happened while they were in the Underworld while Koneko searched for something to snack on. Akeno and Rias stood to one side as they looked out the window and just observed the beautiful view of the Underworld.

As Akeno and Rias were looking out of the window they saw Koneko taking a seat away from the others. Exchanging a look the two went to the Nekoshou to see if everything was okay.

"Hey Koneko, mind if we join you?" Akeno asked as they approached her. Koneko didn't make any move or even acknowledged them which concerned the two older girls.

"Hey Koneko, is everything okay?" Rias asked as she sat down next to Koneko and rested her hand on the white-haired girl's shoulder. Koneko's head shot up with an alarmed look on her face at Rias' touch, but once she saw the concerned faces of both Rias and Akeno she regained her composed expression.

"Sorry Rias, did you want something?" Koneko asked.

"We were wondering if we could join you for a moment," Akeno answered with a smile. Koneko gave them a short nod as the two took a seat on either side of the smaller girl.

"Koneko, is there something bothering you?" Rias asked once they were comfortable. Koneko's eyes narrowed a bit and she looked down at her feet which was answer enough for the two.

"We are here to help you Koneko, so please don't bottle everything up, it's not good for your health," Rias said as she laid a comforting hand on Koneko's shoulder once again.

"It's not really something you can help me with, sorry," Koneko said as she looked up at the older girls.

"Maybe we can give you another point of view if you tell us what's bothering you," Akeno suggested with a gentle smile.

"It's about Kuroka and my Nekoshou powers," Koneko said with a sigh as she looked down to her hands. A light blue aura began to flicker in her palm before vanishing.

"Would you be willing to tell me what's bothering you?" Rias asked with her concern for her rook evident in her voice.

"During that battle with Loki, I was able to harness this power but after Kuroka arrived it seems like I am unable to manifest it on my own. Every time I try I begin to call upon it but before I have enough power to do something with it vanishes," Koneko said with a sigh and a saddened look.

"The first time you activated your powers, how did you do it?" Akeno asked.

"I actually didn't do anything. It was during the time Loki attacked you guys at the gathering and when I first saw Kuroka again. Natsu said that he was awakening the power that I already had," Koneko explained, the saddened look ever-present. 'Am I just a failure?' Koneko thought.

"And what about during the battle with those wolves, There you were able to bring out your powers," Rias said as she remembered seeing Koneko with cat ears and a tail.