Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Disclaimer: I do not own High school DxD or Fairy Tail they are property of Ichiei Ishibumi and Hiro Masima respectively.

Grayfia took a deep breath and steeled her nerves.

"I like you Natsu, Like I really like you. Since you caught me the first time I met you in your human form I have had a crush on you but I could never muster the courage to tell you. I have never felt like this about anyone before," Grayfia finally confessed her feelings. She lowered her gaze to the floor thinking her feelings weren't mutual.

Natsu put his hand under her chin and lifter her face to his, he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Grayfia melted into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. Natsu pulled her closer to him by the waist and the two shared a kiss filled with love.

"I love you Grayfia," Natsu breathed out after they parted from their kiss.

"I love you too Natsu," Grayfia smiled a bright and beautiful smile.

"I assume you are aware of how dragons and their mates work and Akeno said she explained how I will have multiple mates?" Natsu asked.

"Yes she told me that you will have multiple mates and that you will love them all the same including the alpha, unlike the devils and their wives," Grayfia replied.

"Did she tell you about the alpha mate?" Natsu asked wanting to know what he should explain to her.

"No, she didn't say anything about it only that there was one," Grayfia said.

"Well the alpha mate is basically the one mate that will keep the rest of them in line and she will be the official Dragon Queen. Other than that the alpha will be the first one that I will fully complete the mating ritual with, the first step of the mating ritual is where the mate and I will declare our love for one another and my magic will start to fuse with that of my mate only enough to tell other dragons to back off and bond us as mates, I have already done this with Akeno but nobody else since I promised her the next mate will be my alpha. The second step is where I place my mark on my mate, the first will be the alpha, and this I have not done yet since my dragon instincts choses who is the alpha. The final step that eternally bonds my life force with my mate's is when we have intercourse," Natsu explained in more detail.

"Oh I understand now thanks," Grayfia replied.

"Grayfia may I mark you as my mate?" Natsu asked her.

"But didn't you just say you had to mark your alpha first?" Grayfia asked not realising what Natsu just said.

"That is why I'm asking you Grayfia," Natsu said.

Grayfia's eyes widened at this. She never thought that she would be Natsu's alpha mate.

"I would be more than happy to be your first marked mate," Grayfia said with a tear of happiness in her eye.

"This might hurt a bit and for that I'm sorry," Natsu apologised in advance before cupping her left cheek in his right hand and tilting her head to the left exposing the right side of her neck. Natsu bit her neck letting his canines pierce her flawless skin drawing blood and pouring his magic into her. He quickly licked the wound closing it.

As Natsu bit her, Grayfia felt a warm and comforting magic entering her making her forget about the slight pain she felt when Natsu's canines pierced her skin. She could feel her magic power increasing which confused her slightly.

"Are you okay, did it hurt?" Natsu asked with concern in his eyes and lased in his voice.

"I'm completely fine Natsu," Grayfia said with love in her voice.