Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Disclaimer: I do not own High school DxD or Fairy Tail they are property of Ichiei Ishibumi and Hiro Masima respectively.

---With Rossweisse---

"The Red Dragon Emperor is the only one who can achieve the necessary power to wield Mjolnir. Tell him to boost his power three more times before transferring it to the Hammer of the Thunder God Thor and putting a stop to Loki and Ragnarok," Odin's voice told the Valkyrie.

"Issei, you need to boost your power three more times, and then you can take the Hammer of Thor and end this," Rossweisse shouted out, relaying the information Odin gave her.

A grin grew on Issei's face at the prospect of wielding such a powerful weapon and a "Boost" could be heard coming from his armour. He stood up from where he was and flapped the draconic wings the armour gave him.

As he approached another "Boost" could be heard coming from the armour. At this point, Loki felt the increase in the Red Dragon Emperor's power and began to worry. 'If that brat gains any more power he will be able to take hold of Mjolnir, I have to act quickly," Loki thought as he began flying towards the armoured teen.

"Not so fast you bastard," Saji called out as a light blue line wrapped itself around Loki's leg, preventing him from getting to Issei.

"You insufferable brat. Fenrir, I think I found you a new chew toy," Loki called out to his son with a malicious grin. Xenovia and Kiba quickly dashed to aid Saji, protecting him from Fenrir's attack while he held Loki in place.

Fenrir let out a howl and pushed off in a massive leap. Xenovia and Kiba readied themselves for a fight once again before they gained a look of confusion, seeing Fenrir flying high into the air. A look of horror appeared on the members of the attack team's faces as they saw Fenrir flying straight towards Issei.

"Issei," Rias' frantic fear-filled shout rang out over the silent battlefield as Fenrir closed his massive jaws around the teen.

Fenrir threw Issei's body to the ground like a discarded piece of meat. Issei's armour disappeared revealing the damage the giant wolf did.

There were three large holes in his body where Fenrir's teeth pierced him. Rias quickly ran to where he fell and gently took him into her embrace. Wendy, Asia Rossweisse and Tsubaki stood in shocked silence while Xenovia, Kiba Irina, and Koneko shouted out in rage at the beast that killed their friend.

"You'll pay for that you bastard," Xenovia shouted in rage as she slashed a large gash in Fenrir's leg.

"I'll pay you back a thousand times for what you did," Irina shouted as she formed a blade form her light and pierced the God-Devouring Wolf's back leg.

Saji and Kiba shouted in anger and rage as they both sent devastating attack at the wolf but they were intercepted by the two sons of Fenrir.

Koneko rushed forward to attack Fenrir she was intercepted by the gigantic form of Midgardsormr. Koneko's punch didn't have much effect on the Dragon King and he swiftly swiped his tail at her, causing her to jump up high.

This proved to be an error as Midgardsormr readied a breath attack. Luckily for the Nekoshou Akeno was behind her in seconds and pulled her out of the way of the stream of fire that came from the enormous Dragon's mouth.

"I will not lose another person precious to me today," Akeno said with a mixture of rage and sorrow in her eyes as yellow scales started forming on her arms and face. Akeno raised her scaly hand that began resembling a claw into the sky and a magic circle formed with the head of a dragon in the centre.