Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Disclaimer: I do not own High school DxD or Fairy Tail they are property of Ichiei Ishibumi and Hiro Masima respectively.

---With Natsu---

Wendy's birthday had come and gone. After he and Wendy were done in the Dragon Realm, Natsu had brought them back where they were met with the smiling faces of the ORC members and a house set for the ensuing party.

Everyone had retired for the night, Wendy with a big smile after her successful party while Rias and her peerage had retired to bed to be ready for tomorrows Rating Game against Diodora. Currently, Natsu was walking through the cold night. Grayfia had given him a message that requested that he meet someone at a certain location.

"Natsu, glad you could make it," a male voice called out as Natsu entered the local park. Illuminated by one of the lampposts stood Azazel, leaning against the lamppost but as Natsu approached him he stood up straight.

"Grayfia told me you wanted to talk about something?" Natsu asked.

"Yes, and I would request you first agree to hear me out before you form a judgment on the plan we have at play," Azazel said as he motioned for Natsu to follow him on his walk around the park.

"I'll listen," Natsu said in an even yet guarded tone after a moment's thought as the Dragon King and Fallen Angel wandered around the dark park.

"Thank you. Now as you are aware, tomorrow Rias and her peerage will face off against Diodora," Azazel began, a low growl emanating from Natsu at the mention of Diodora but he didn't say anything.

"Not long ago, the air to the Glasya-Labolas family met his untimely demise, the norm on this is that it was an accident. Though I do have another theory, with Diodora's devil powers increasing inexplicably. Now from what I could gather along with a warning Vali gave to Issei, I would say that there is a very direct correlation between the events. Now we expect Diodora is in league with the Khaos Brigade and that during the course of this Rating Game they will spring into action. I have quite the number of our allies ready to sop this and I would like you to join us in our effort," Azazel finished as he came to a stop and looked at Natsu.

"So, you expect an attack by the Khaos Brigade of unknown size and you are using Rias and her peerage as bait?" Natsu asked, his tone still even.

"I don't like that we are using those kids like that either, but I assure you that they will be closely monitored ad if anything happens help will be there as soon as possible," Azazel replied.

"Though I do have quite the aversion against putting my mates in danger..." Natsu began, giving rise to the fear that he will reject the plan in Azazel's mind.

"I can see how this will ultimately be beneficial to the peace that had been gained by your stupid war all those years ago," Natsu finished with a sigh.

"So you'll join in on the plan?" Azazel asked with a hopeful tone.

"I will support this decision, but I won't be joining in on all the action. I will simply be there to ensure the safety of those I care about. I won't fight your battles for you. The affairs of Gods, Devils, Angels and Fallen Angels aren't my concern," Natsu said.

"I thank you for your support, and knowing that you will be there to ensure the safety of the young ones lifts a lot of pressure from my shoulders," Azazel said with a smile.

"Now, would you mind going over the detail of this plan?" Natsu asked. For the next thirty minutes, Azazel explained what the roles of everyone involved would be, where they would be stationed and what contingency plans he had if something big were to go wrong.