Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Disclaimer: I do not own High school DxD or Fairy Tail they are property of Ichiei Ishibumi and Hiro Masima respectively.

Wendy followed Gasper back to the classroom where he secluded himself. As she reached the door she found it locked and she could hear the faint sniffles which made her think he might be crying.

"Hey Gasper is it okay if I sit here and talk to you?" Wendy asked in a kind voice while sitting down in front of the door.

She didn't get a reply from Gasper but she heard the sniffling stop which brought a smile to her face because that meant the he was listening to her.

"You remember the guy I told you about with who I trained? Well he once told me after I was downcast after I failed to perform a specific spell that 'Failure is just a stepping stone to success, we all have to fail at some point', that really got me thinking about the times I failed before he came along when I tried to learn offensive magic. I couldn't agree with him more because remembering all the failed attempts inspired me and I never wanted to feel that felling of failure again," Wendy said while leaning with her back against the door.

From the other side she could hear Gasper shifting his position and she heard him sit down near the door.

"The guy who trained me isn't here right now, he is just finishing up some business but once he comes back maybe he can help you out with your sacred gear. He has a lot of knowledge about this world and he had seen so much, I just know he will be able to help you out," Wendy continued with the one-sided conversation.

"You really think so?" came a soft, almost inaudible reply from inside. Gasper's voice was still full of self-pity, but Wendy was overjoyed that she actually got a reply from him.

"Yes, he can be scary at some times but if you are one of his friends he would do anything to make sure you are safe," Wendy replied with a warm smile.

The door started to open up revealing Gasper with a hopeful look on his tear stained face.

"We will help you control your power," Wendy declared as she embraced Gasper in a friendly hug.

"She's right you know, we all will do whatever we can to help you out," Issei's voice was heard from behind Wendy.

"And what she said about 'Failure being a stepping stone', that is very true as well," Xenovia said.

Asia and Koneko also came up with friendly smiles on their faces.

"Thank you guys," Gasper whispered with a smile on his face.

"We can't continue today though, the sun is setting and I think we should go home," Issei commented.

"But as soon as we have any free time we will be more than happy to help you out," Wendy said with a friendly smile.

The group said their good byes before heading to their homes.

Wendy and Asia quickly made their way home. Once they arrived they saw Natsu and Grayfia, who was wearing casual clothes for the first time ever as far as Wendy knew, appear in front of the front door.

"Natsu, Grayfia," Wendy called out as she ran up to them.

"Hello there you two, so how was your day?" Grayfia returned the greeting while Natsu took the bags they had with them into the house.

"After you left we unsealed Rias' other Bishop, Gasper, and then we tried to help him control his sacred gear," Wendy answered.

"It was a lot harder than we thought and we didn't really make any progress," Asia added.