princess without a clue

jordyn.

With my trip less than 24 hours away and the winter formal following not long after it, Sophie and I figured we'd knock off two birds with one stone at the mall. Shopping for some new outfits for me that are up to Sophie's standards and taking in our options of extravagant ball gowns, just the typical Friday. I'll admit, I'm excited about this little formal thing. I've never been to one so it'd be a new, hopefully fun, experience. Sophie's been to 2 winter formals and she swears that it's the best thing to ever grace planet Earth. And she just loves a good excuse to get dressed up to the nines.

Before we go to the mall, we stop by In N Out to grab a bite to eat after class. I'm stuck driving this time because Kat, who we've jokingly started referring to as our Uber, decided to hang out with Grant instead.

It's not as crowded inside as the drive thru. The line of cars only grows, but it's reasonable considering In N Out has the best burgers I've ever come across. If it were up to me, I'd be eating In N Out all the time. It's just one of those things you can never get tired of. One of the major perks of moving to California: In N Out. And the rest of my family wholeheartedly agrees.

"Is it like a requirement to be insanely hot to work here?" she gawks as we take our food back to one of the booths.

I chuckle quietly and swat her arm. Popping a fry into my mouth, I'm not obligated to say anything even though what she's saying holds a lot of truth. Every guy that works here is either hot or cute or both. And yes, there is a distinct difference between the two.

She takes her burger from the tray and takes a huge bite. She missed lunch today so I could imagine she's starving. "I mean seriously, just look at the guy taking orders." She discreetly points over at him after swallowing her chunk of the burger.

I turn around and watch as his black hair shakes as he nods. His eyes are intensely blue, but it contrasts his tanned skin well. Sophie may have her faults but clearly her taste in guys isn't one of them.

"That shirt is doing him justice, I can tell you that right now." She raises a brow as her eyes continue to dissect the literally greek god taking orders at our local In N Out. "Seriously Jo, have you seen his arms?" She sits there, jaw hanging down, practically drooling over this stranger. Hell, no one in this restaurant, not even me, can blame her. This man is insanely gorgeous, it's not even real.

Her voice goes into an even lower whisper, "Girl, imagine what he's hiding underneath that apron. The amount of things I would let that man do to my body..." she trails off in thought.

"Sophie!" I gasp and swat her arm. I shift forward again, forcing my eyes away from that beautiful sight.

"Oh please, like you wouldn't. I know you have your 'waiting for the right one' thing going but you can't sit here and tell me you wouldn't let that guy rail you at a moment's notice."

"Okay that's enough," I laugh and take another bite from my hamburger. From then on we eat in silence, with the occasional exception of Sophie leaning over and recounting to me every move that guy is making.

Sophie links our arms together whilst we walk into the mall. It gets less and less overwhelming everytime I come here, which isn't often to begin with, but this mall trip feels more like a relief rather than a chore.

She wastes no time hauling me in store to store, making me try on different outfits which she either shakes her head in disapproval or nods and twirls me around in excitement. I go along with it because I know she takes such fun out of this. She tosses me various sweaters, jeans, tees; all things she knows I'll be comfortable in. We've gone to four stores so far and only picked out 3 outfits that we both agree look the best on me.