melodrama

There are not enough words in the English language to describe how furious I am. In the simplest terms, I'm infuriated and currently all I see is red. The only way I can truly describe how much rage is surging through my blood is a whole lot of vulgar words and an even greater urge to punch something. More than likely it'll be someone.

Call me melodramatic. Tell me it's not a big deal. For the love of God, slap some sense back into me, and this burning anger still won't cease until a confrontation is had. Here I was thinking everything would be fine and I had nothing to worry about.

But I came to find out last night that is not the case whatsoever.

I was inclined to look over mine and Beau's presentation just to check up, see what else we need to do, how much more time we need before starting on the second part of the project when I start reading Beau's half. It's good, no not just good, completely amazing. It was as if he went from a complete idiot to a university scholar all in one night. Come to find out, his information in fact is that of an actual scholar. A well-researched and -written essay I found in a matter of seconds through a quick search on Google. That bitch thought he was sly.

And in my moment of temporary insanity, I practically ran out of the car Monday morning like a madwoman on a mission in search of a certain high and mighty bastard who apparently also thinks he's above the consequences of plagiarism. Lucky for me, I found him walking outside of his coach's office.

"You copied and pasted!" I accuse fairly loudly, but right now I don't give a crap.

Beau stares down at me, puzzled. "Good morning to you too," he says in confusion as if he has no clue what he did.

"I asked you nicely to do your research for a simple project. Nothing more than that. But what do you do? You plagiarize the entire thing. The least you could have done is used quotes and a little commentary." I jam my hands further in my pockets in an effort to prevent myself from punching him in the face over and over again.

"Oh that? Calm down, it's not like the teacher will notice," he scoffs nonchalantly. He really wants me to punch him.

"I noticed! You're a fucking idiot, you could have just done your part. You could have asked me for help, and I would have been willing." He doesn't even have the balls to look at me while I chastise him for being in the wrong. His eyes wander around the space behind me instead of looking me right in the eye and admitting his fault.

Without warning, Beau puts his grimy hands on my waist and pulls me closer. I shove my hands against his chest, feebly attempting to shove him away, but he forcefully pulls my body against his.

"If you don't let go-" I start to scream.

He interrupts with a cold stare. "Save your yapping for later. Right now you need to hold up your end of the deal," he whispers.

I finally notice that there are other people on the green. Including Serenity and two of her friends. Thank you, universe, stellar fucking timing on your part.

I roll my eyes, reluctantly hooking my arms around Beau's neck. It takes every ounce of my self-control to do so, I better receive a hefty amount of good karma for the next year. If this is for nothing, if Jake knows better than to fall for our silly act, I will crawl into a hole I will never ever crawl out of. All of my dignity right now? Gone. Nowhere to be found.

"You are going to fix your portion of the PowerPoint properly, if I have to sit there and watch you do it, I will," I gush with a mock-smile. I keep my voice giddy and playful, but rest assured as soon as everyone is gone, I will scream and yell as I please.

"What are you going to do if I don't? You could always do it yourself you know." His tone is just as fake as mine. I'm 100% sure if these people weren't around, we'd be in a deathly screaming match due to our pride. That's the only thing we have in common.